News:

• May 23, 2024, 01:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trim Question  (Read 477 times)

Offline John Sunderland

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Trim Question
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »
The retro-fit im in the process of rebuilding had positive incidence in the stab and one dgree out and down thrust in the engine. If I run a reverse motor and a pusher prop...what can I expect trim wise. Anyone else ever had this come up? H^^

Offline TDM

• Captain
Re: Trim Question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »
Did you look at this post?
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=17518.0
You may what to cosult David's article regarding the incidence on the stab he starten this trend and you my have to go the opposite direction.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:50:38 AM »
 H^^ Thanks Dorin...yes I read that thread and guess I forgot Jose had asked this before. Still...only Paul offered any real inflight insight. I will set the engine 0/0 and go from there. The posi in the stab may cause a problem...but we can always ad up trim...sounds weird having never needed to do so before...just have to see I guess!

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:09:43 AM »
John one of the great features of a firewall mounted motor is that by putting small washer under the engines mounting bolts you can move engine in any direction. I have a take apart emodel that was converted from IC this model had 1to2+ incidence in stab motor required one washer under mounting bolts to give motor up thrust with reverse pitch. this could also be a not perfectly aligned fire wall.
Jose Modesto

Offline Dean Pappas

• Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
Welcome to pioneer-dom, John!
We are all learning anew at this stage.
Dean
Dean Pappas

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
Thanks fellas for the responses. I guess I am kind of hoping to show up next year ready to compete. I dont mind trimming and actually like it...problem is for us mid country folk is we barely get any flying weather and then must show up ready for the Nats like a week or two later. Trying to get a leg up. This summer was another wash but did get out to some local meets. Forget the competition, I just feel better when I am hanging with my friends and its great to see those who are moving up..do it!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here