Engine basics > Four strokes only

Thunder Tiger 4 stroke

(1/3) > >>

anderson-ron:
Hi has any one tried a thunder tiger 75 four stroke? I bought one for my T-Rex ARF airplane and I was wondering if they run ok ?  thanks for any help, Ron

Bob Reeves:
Not sure but think Thunder Tiger and Magnum come out of the same factory. No first hand experience just hearsay that they are not up to par power wise with Saito and OS. A friend handed me a Thunder Tiger 61 to play with and it's 2 ounces heavier than a Saito 62..

Sorry, not real encouraging but try it and see how it shakes out, might be great then you can tell us how to make it run..

PatRobinson:
Hi Guys,

Seeing as how Bradley Walker has a Thunder Tiger 54 for sale in ther classifieds, there is apparently 1 person with some actual experience with the Thunder Tiger brand of 4 strokes. You could PM him or you could :
do a "PAGING BRADLEY WALKER".  Someone experienced with a TT 75 may just not be available.

It seems that a 75 would be overkill for the T Rex , some guys are getting away with an ST 51, for gosh sakes.  How much does this beastie motor weigh? Is it too heavy to provide CG balance without massive tail weight being required. Just some questions to ask off the top of my head.  Good luck.
                                                                                                     Pat Robinson

Bob Reeves:
Awe heck, saw but didn't compute you were considering one for a T-Rex.. I had to add 2 ounces to the tail of the one I built with a Saito 62. I would venture to guess that engine is at least 4 ounces heavier maybe more.. Sorry bad choice for a T-Rex.

The Saito 62 I put in the one I built was bought off eBay for $150.00. Good price for a killer setup...

Martin Quartim:

I also would like to know more about the TT 75, it should be a great engine. First of all according with the engines specifications the TT75 (454g) is lighter then a Saito 72 (470g)  and the TT 75 use the same technology to coat the liner as they do on their heli engines, which I have heard is one of the best out there.

Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version