Engine basics > Four strokes only

Surpass FS-26

<< < (2/5) > >>

Chris Fretz:

--- Quote from: Dane Martin on June 23, 2017, 11:03:19 AM ---This one I copied from Bob Zambelli. I cut the carb off the manifold and pressed on a nylon bushing. The one in the pic is on a .30, but the one on my .26 is the same thing. It's like a .118 or .125 ID bushing, just drilled out on one end to press over the manifold. Then cross drilled to accept the OS FP style springy NVA. Probably the easiest mod for these little engines.

--- End quote ---
Cool! I like it, you are my hero this time!

I like your Ringmaster too, it looks great.

Chris

Dane Martin:
Thanks!

Oh and so far, it's favorite prop is a 9x5 or 9x6. Mostly the 9x6. The black master airscrew ones seems to be the real hot ticket!

Chris Fretz:

--- Quote from: Dane Martin on June 23, 2017, 09:20:24 PM ---Thanks!

Oh and so far, it's favorite prop is a 9x5 or 9x6. Mostly the 9x6. The black master airscrew ones seems to be the real hot ticket!

--- End quote ---
Where do you think I could get a muffler for it?  Mine is missing, just has the tube.

Chris

Target:
What size tanks are you running on the FS ringmasters, Dane, and what size with the fp20?
Thanks,
Chris

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Chris Behm on July 17, 2017, 06:05:17 AM ---What size tanks are you running on the FS ringmasters, Dane, and what size with the fp20?
Thanks,
Chris

--- End quote ---

I use either a "4 ounce" RC clunk tank (filled to a little over half), or a 2.5 ounce hard tank (filled most of the way) for the 20FP. Once it is broken in it uses something just under 2 ounces. It's probably even less for a 26 Surpass.

BTW, one of the most important things you need to do for a 4-stroke is use a clunk tank. All the early BS, stated as immutable fact, that said a Veco T-21 style tank being fine was the usual "self-appointed expert" stuff. At some NATS, Brad "Godzilla" Walker put Jim Aron onto that, and he wound up being able to fly something like *1/2 second* slower with good overhead tension with the clunk tank (presumably keeping it from going over-the-hill lean overhead). You might get away with a "2 ounce" Sullivan tank for the 26, but I doubt it with the 20FP, because the actual capacity isn't really 2 ounces.

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version