News:

• April 28, 2024, 10:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: O.S. 30 reverse rotation?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
O.S. 30 reverse rotation?
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
 Does anyone here know of parts available to make an O.S. 30 run in reverse rotation? A friend of mine has a certain twin with which he would like to tame down some of the torque effect in the model by running the outboard engine in reverse. Any ideas?
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline rustler

• Captain
Re: O.S. 30 reverse rotation?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
I've no idea if it's possible with O.S., but there was a Brit. 4Str. which could be reversed by swapping the pushrods over, i.e. the one which controlled the inlet -> to the exhaust, and vice versa. May have been the Magnum?
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline Mike Callas

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:02 PM »
Does anyone here know of parts available to make an O.S. 30 run in reverse rotation? A friend of mine has a certain twin with which he would like to tame down some of the torque effect in the model by running the outboard engine in reverse. Any ideas?

Cool looking plane. Is that scratch built? Was that plane ever flown off a carrier deck?

As you probably have seen, there is a post that covers reverse rotation on the 62 and 56. It appears there is no reverse cam for the 40. If there is a reverse cam it might be in the Horizon Hobby website.

Good luck

Mike

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:25:59 AM »
I really can't help as I don't have any experience with OS four strokes. Reason we were able to reverse Saitos is because Saito makes a twin using the 56/62 cylinders. Martin did the research to discover the cam for the 2nd cylinder can be used in a single to make it run the other way. Does OS make a twin using the 30 cylinders? If so you may be in luck if not, guessing it will be more trouble than it's probably worth.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here