News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:57:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight Streak with a four Banger  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flight Streak with a four Banger
« on: June 24, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »
I was in the Hobby shop the other day and I noticed they had a Magnum 30 four stroke for sale so I said to myself "self I think that engine would fit right on a LA 25 motor mount" so I bought it. I had only a 1.,50 oz tank to run this engine so that and the engine both fit right on my Streak like they were made just for this plane. I took it out and flew it but the engine run was short and a strait tank that ran rich the first half and just right on the second half of the tank so when I got home I built a bigger tank that was uniflow. Now I head someplace that four strokes did not run well on uniflow so I hooked it up for presure, I got a real iratic engine run so I pulled the tubing off and ran it on uniflow. WOW it ran the same from beginning to end. I was using a 10x4 APC on it so I changed it to a 10x5 and slowed it down with the carburater. SWEAT. Its a fun plane now and I actually had to add nose weight to it. Go figure, Did I mention this was an ARF flight streak. HB~> HB~> HB~> HH%% HH%% HH%%
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:29:51 PM by Leo Mehl »

Offline proparc

• Admiral
Re: Flight Streak with a four Banger
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »
WOW it ran the same from beginning to end. HB~> HB~> HB~> HH%% HH%% HH%%

Welcome to the world of the 4 stroke stunt run.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »
I actually began flying four strokes before they became popular. H^^

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:15:40 AM »
Leo - my first four stroke setup was a Flite-Streak with an OS 20. It worked very well, flying on 52 foot, .012 lines.

Not knowing how little fuel the engine used, I made my first flight on a 3 1/2 ounce tank.
I was concerned and hoped that it would quit before sundown!

Although I have not flown the Magnum 30, when I bench tested one, I found that the power was not what I expected. It turned a prop just a tad slower than my OS Surpass 26. Your results may be different.

Bob Z.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 10:50:53 AM »
Leo - my first four stroke setup was a Flite-Streak with an OS 20. It worked very well, flying on 52 foot, .012 lines.

Not knowing how little fuel the engine used, I made my first flight on a 3 1/2 ounce tank.
I was concerned and hoped that it would quit before sundown!

Although I have not flown the Magnum 30, when I bench tested one, I found that the power was not what I expected. It turned a prop just a tad slower than my OS Surpass 26. Your results may be different.

Bob Z.

This engine had no compression when I got it and after it was btoke in it has compression and seems to have plenty of power. I am going to put it in a Magician. It fits on same motor mount as the LA 25/ I have to use electric starter  as it doesn't like to run right directiom when starting If you crank it backwards it will run backwards. It's definately a differnt animal. I am flying on`.15 x 60 foot lines HB~> HB~> :!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:58:09 PM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »
This engine had no compression when I got it and after it was btoke in it has compression and seems to have plenty of power. I am going to put it in a Magician. It fits on same motor mount as the LA 25/ I have to use electric dtarter  as it doesn't like to run right directiom when starting If you cranl it backwards it will run backwards. It's definately a differnt animal. I am fling on`.15 x 60 foot lines HB~> HB~> :!

Hi Leo,

Just to make sure, have you tried to turning it clock wise until you feel compression then turning the prop half way counter clock and give it a good prop swing clockwise? 

This method has worked for me with just about any engine, including 2S. Never through compression.

If I choke too rich my 4S it will start backwards, but it starts correctly the second try.

Martin

Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »
I have tried all the usual proceedures starting this engine but have given up and now use an electric finger. It runs the right direction every time I start it now.It seems to have plenty of power and it5 is a bll on a flight streak. #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here