News:

• April 27, 2024, 04:05:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Climb and Dive problem  (Read 17290 times)

Offline baum58

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Climb and Dive problem
« on: March 11, 2024, 09:01:11 AM »
 Hello to all,
First up,  thanks to Paul Emerson for creating the climb and dive controller.I have 3 of them.  Two of them are working great, one is not.
So it looks like I need some help. The unit will not accept the normal High- low calibration and is stuck in the high. I did verify this with a signal analyzer. Therefore I would never see the green light and also could never do any  programming. Also, no connection  with bluetooth was made. I reflashed new  software onto the unit with no avail.
The others are fine and are absolutely the best that money can buy.
I was not able to contact Paul.

Thanks Peter

Offline Jess Gresham

• New Pilot
Re: Climb and Dive problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 08:19:39 AM »
Sorry, can't help with your problem. My climb and dive timer won't allow an RPM higher than 8,500. Lower can be programmed in. What am I doing wrong?
I really like the timer otherwise.
Jess

Offline CircuitFlyer

• Commander
    • www.circuitflyer.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 07:24:36 PM »
Peter,

You can always PM me on here.  I'll try to respond as soon as I can.  Jess PM'd me today and we got him all sorted out.

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to.  Do you mean the touch pin seems to be always activated?  If that is the case, first, inspect the solder joints carefully for anything obvious.  I have also seen a similar issue that was cured by cleaning off the residual solder flux.  For some reason the residual flux was slightly conductive.  Try scrubbing clean all of the solder joints using isopropyl alcohol and an old toothbrush.  99-100% isopropyl alcohol is best, but if you only have 70% rubbing alcohol just make sure to let it dry thoroughly before powering it back up.

Remember: acid based flux (plumbers flux) is for building tanks.  Rosin based flux/solder is for wiring and electronics.

Paul
Paul Emmerson
Spinning electrons in circles in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada DIY Control Line Timers - www.circuitflyer.com

Offline baum58

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 05:37:01 PM »
 Thanks Paul.

I will look closer at the solderconection.
On the first power up the unit blinks red and blue the blue then a pause with no light the back to red and blue. It never go's green. With the same esc and a new climb and dive after a high low calibration green light is on and all the programing can be accessed.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 05:21:14 AM by baum58 »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here