News:

• April 25, 2024, 11:51:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Which engine for a Score ARF ?  (Read 584 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Which engine for a Score ARF ?
« on: May 27, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »
         Hi Folks:

I must get my Score in the air this Summer and I would like to have some suggestions as to which engine that I own would be the best choice.  The list includes:

HP .40

Fox .40-.45? Banjo Back

OS SF .46 Ringed

OS SF .46 ABC

ASP .61

Which would be your choice? Will these provide enough power for Stunt flying?

Tia,

Frank McCune

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Which engine for a Score ARF ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 09:35:13 AM »
  Plenty of posts on this subject in the archives. These came out heavy. Mine weight 72 ounces with a Saito .56 in the nose and balanced right on the money. Of what you listed, the OS .46 SF ABC may have the ponies to sport fly it, if propped correctly. I don't know about the ASP.61 but definitely has the displacement but don't know how acceptable of a stunt run it will give you. I don't recall ever seeing one in any of the contest listings.
   Have a safe Memorial Day Holiday,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 10:44:20 AM »
        Hi:

I found a Super Tigre .49 SPORT which has been recommended as a good engine choice for the Score.  Thoughts re. the ST?

Tia,

Frank

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:23:18 PM »
The few well flying Scores I’ve seen all had ST 51’s or Enya 61’s in them.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 03:45:13 PM »
I think the ASP would be too much.  I'd go with the OS SF, or maybe the Fox if it's in good shape and you need nose weight (I have a couple, and they way a ton, each).
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here