News:

• May 10, 2024, 07:45:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VF46 vs. Mvvs 49 RE  (Read 882 times)

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
VF46 vs. Mvvs 49 RE
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
When both are run a pipe. How do they compare power wise and run type and rpm? Does one have a peformance edge over the other?
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: VF46 vs. Mvvs 49 RE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »
When both are run a pipe. How do they compare power wise and run type and rpm? Does one have a peformance edge over the other?

Hi Gordan'They are both pretty close to each other, both run about the same prop, The motors will both turn a 12 x 4.2 3 blade, which is a good size prop
both will pull a 60 size ship with ease

Randy

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:44:27 AM »
Hello Gordon,
  Just being tongue in cheek here. The diesel version of the MVVS 49 is a real humdinger. You can, I believe, still get a diesel head from Davies Diesel Developements. I have the diesel version of the MVVS 49 and it runs just like a piped motor and it takes less than half the normal glow fuel load to do the pattern. Paul Renacle (Sp?) used to campaign one in South Africa, before he went electric. Mine is set up with rear exhaust and lightweight Stalker muffler and I much prefer it to my piped OS 40 VF.
  Diesels are probably a lost battle with you US guys, but over here in "Merrie Old England", there are still a lot of diesel freaks about!

S?P S?P.

Andrew 
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:10:43 PM »
Hello Gordon,
  Just being tongue in cheek here. The diesel version of the MVVS 49 is a real humdinger. You can, I believe, still get a diesel head from Davies Diesel Developements. I have the diesel version of the MVVS 49 and it runs just like a piped motor and it takes less than half the normal glow fuel load to do the pattern. Paul Renacle (Sp?) used to campaign one in South Africa, before he went electric. Mine is set up with rear exhaust and lightweight Stalker muffler and I much prefer it to my piped OS 40 VF.
  Diesels are probably a lost battle with you US guys, but over here in "Merrie Old England", there are still a lot of diesel freaks about!

S?P S?P.

Andrew  

Ditto on the MVVS 49 diesel Andrew and the chap in question is Keith Renecle from RSA - he entered twice in the world championships with a diesel.

I only say this as a reference to the strength of MVVS engines as they can take a pipe or diesel conversion in their stride. But I believe that Davis Diesel no longer make or sell heads for that engine series and the man to contact for all of this is Andrew Coholic at -

acoholic@ntl.sympatico.ca

Good machinist at a good price!

And for those who are interested here is a review on the the MVVS 40 and 49 diesels (of which I have both.)

http://www.davisdieseldevelopment.com/gallery/mvvs40.htm
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here