News:

• May 09, 2024, 03:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veco19 piston & liner  (Read 1204 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Veco19 piston & liner
« on: December 23, 2011, 05:58:55 PM »
I have 2 veco 19's one BB and one bushed engine the bb has excellent compression but the bushed engine is a little loose. I would like to get a new P&L from Mecoa for it are they interchangeable from bb to bushing engine ? Thanks T.J.

AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: Veco19 piston & liner
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
Well I had a couple hours of me time today and tore apart the 2 different .19's the piston and liners wrist pins and cylinder heads are interchangeable. The bb head is a hemi . I guess I will give Mecoa a call if the castor doesn't build up a little bit. T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
Hi TJ,

It is good to know they swap out!  I once had a good spare sleeve/piston.  It is now gone (and I'm not sure where to! LOL!!).

I love Veco engines about as much as McCoys!  I have a Veco .19BB on my Sterling Yak 9 (fixed flaps) for OTS.  I just need to finish up the wing and get some paint on it!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
The BB is going in a flitestreak arf the bushing engine will go in a streak trainerif it runs decent. T.J.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »
Try BOWMAN

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 05:16:41 PM »
Well Franken Veco lives ! I got another .19 bb engine off the bay that someone got a little crazy with a file on the exhaust stack on, but the piston and liner looked great. I switched the piston, liner, wrist pin, and cylinder head plus the backplate gasket and all the screws and it went together great. All I need to do now is turn a new venturi for it and get a new needle valve from Randy the Fox throat is turned down about the same diameter as the veco so it should work fine. I need to get some new glow plugs at the Wrams show and I will give it a try. T.J.

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
What are you using for a muffler on that Veco .19BB.......... ???  ???    ???

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
What are you using for a muffler on that Veco .19BB.......... ???  ???    ???

Hi Terrence,

I have a few of the original mufflers

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 05:37:54 PM »
I have an old Enya strap on muffler for it. T.J.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here