Engine basics > Engine set up tips

VECO 60

<< < (2/2)

Dan McEntee:
  Is it really a .60, or .61?? I think even when they said Veco on the side, they were a .61. In my time, I know I have seen a few guys use them successfully. I think they were pretty easy to handle and K&B even upgraded the design years ago with the "Twister Head" , that allowed the whole head/cylinder to rotate to change the head clearance and compression ratio. These were just heavier than a ST.60 and maybe made a bit less power. I remember Russ Gifford using these and don't remember him ever having any issues. I think he liked them for their dependability and they were plentiful and cheap. I have a few in my stash, including a Twister Head model and want to try them out some day when I get a testing mule model that I can change engines on easily.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

PS to ask; Is the Veco/K&B .61 what Windy used in his first Sweeper or one of his other giant stunters??

Motorman:
If it's anything like the Veco 19's I've worked on, good luck getting the rear bearing off the crank.

Motorman 8)

Peter in Fairfax, VA:
Dan,

You are a good enough metal worker to knock out a copy of the Brodak system.  The design is solid and serves me well on the ARF Pathfinder, allowing a swap between the OS LA 46 and SF 46 no problem.  It clamps the engine, as bolts do.  No pinning of an engine is needed, provided the clamping is kept tight.

https://brodak.com/engines/motor-mounts/motor-mount-system.html

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version