News:

• April 28, 2024, 08:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veco 19 silencer.  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Annette Elmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
    • Lots of UK-related stunt stuff
Veco 19 silencer.
« on: March 21, 2006, 02:04:43 PM »
I've just bought a Veco 19bb with a silencer - I would like to use the silencer on my 21bb - I've got the silencer off - it's fitted via an adaptor through the holes at the front and back of the stack where the butterfly exhaust flap used to go - how do I get the adaptor out?

Tony

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Veco 19 silencer.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:27:57 AM »
Tony,
I haven't ran into that, yet.  All the R/C cases had those holes for the rotating restrictor, but the C/L-FF cases did not.  I have a spare good 19BB R/C case if you need it.  A bearing replacement would probably be a good idea for it, but it's yours for the asking if you need it!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
Tony,

BTW, thanks for your historic sites!

The spindle muffler mount in the exhaust stack may be a medium firm drive fit. It should be possible to drift it out with an appropriate drift pin. I'd be tempted to make a rest fitted to the exhaust stack, of pine or similar common wood, and drill to clear the spindle ends. (I don't like whacking on engines, particularly unsupported parts of them.)

It should be little different than drifting out a PAW piston (gudgeon) pin, but that is a one-way thing. I don't believe K&B oriented the mount spindle.

BTW, they used to sell Alu buttons to cap the holes left with the spindle out of the engine. Probably no longer obtainable, but some years ago I believe I simulated some with 1/4" Alu rod, sawn, filed and peened to fit.

Luck!
\BEST\LOU

Offline Annette Elmore

• Lieutenant
    • Lots of UK-related stunt stuff
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:04:44 AM »
Thanks y'all both!

Both cases have the holes and it was a light force fit!

Tony

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here