• April 30, 2024, 03:57:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Um.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Um.
« on: December 17, 2016, 11:52:15 PM »

probly to late ? He speaks of ' cutting it apart ' .
perhaps someone could put him right , or snaffle it .

u tube registered types could chime in , there .

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Um.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 01:07:35 AM »
I posted the following:
"Jared, It's months later, so you probably already figured it out. But if not, try this:
The conrod and wristpin are probably stuck together with gummed castor. Wrap it in a rag and gently clamp it upside down in a vice. Fill the inside of the piston with wd40 and let it sit for a while. Take an allen key and use it to try and pull the rod loose. Work it back and forth. If it won't come, use a heat gun and keep trying, and it'll finally loosen up and slide off.
Rusty"
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 06:53:20 AM »
common problem     Do a search on here  "super tigre wrist pin" lots of answers
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 05:52:14 PM »
common problem     Do a search on here  "super tigre wrist pin" lots of answers
Better yet, type this into google:
"super tigre wrist pin stuck site:stunthanger.com"

Here is the list of results I got from doing that:
https://www.google.com/search?q=super+tigre+wrist+pin&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS682US682&oq=super+tigre+wrist+pin&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=super+tigre+wrist+pin+stuck+site:stunthanger.com

Any links you follow might have "wap2" as a suffix in the URL bar; highlight and delete "wap2", then press enter and you'll get the whole original thread.

Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 09:15:26 AM »
Some times the pin will not come out. Several have written this up before so I am not taking credit for it.

Do not remove the sleeve completely. Move it high enough so the pin will clear it. Drill a hole in the front of the case opposite the exit hole on the back of the case and use a drift punch and drive the pin out. There is no need to fill the drilled hole as it will not leak. I saw this on a ST/46 back in the 1970's when rebuilding a motor. I thought about it for a few minutes and realized what the hole was for. Good idea that I use a few times over the years.

I will look and see if I have a drilled case and take a picture of it.
Ed

Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:28:21 AM »
So IT WAS YOU thats been at one of my . 46's !  ( anyone want a cheap 21/46 ?  :()

Ive found with engines stored from the Jurasic Period , periodically boiling And C R C ing them , say four times over a fortnite MINIMUM
and ' a positive disposition ' afterward , they will disassemble ( almost ) unharmed IF YOUR CAREFULL .

A Leather Strap on a stick to rotate a iron fin sleeve possably safest . The Easy Outs should pull a gudgeon , after the GUNK set has been SOFTENED ,
Rotateing it first. Carefully . Like You Say , the liner bottom just over the pin , will suport the piston , whilst you do your worst . Being Carefull of the ring .

The HEAT CYCLES seem to be the trick , for the penetration of whatever , and TIME to soften whatevered baked / solidified Castor Oil .  :(

The Query was just as one of these Californians seemed stuck (  :## ) for a cure . ( not ME on U Tube ) .

Best pulling the Gugeon / Wrist pin - but usually ?? Ridges of ' coked castor ' & or Corrosion on the pin makes it awkward to start moving . Thanks for the hits . ;D

Think its a bit excessive drilling it , personally , But you can Helicoil a V W Bug head by cutting a flap in the inner fender , after removing a wheel , if you havnt time to pull the engine .  VD~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here