News:

• May 05, 2024, 02:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TT42 and TT46  (Read 921 times)

Offline Sam Laughery

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • laurelhighlandsrc.com
TT42 and TT46
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:30:40 PM »
I finally got to test out my CL converted TT42 and TT46.  I have a number of each of them and have been using them on RC for a number of years.  The TT42 break was fantastic, almost to much.  When it kicked into 2 cycle the speed increased dramatically much more than I've ever experienced before.  I'm hoping there may be a way to reduce it somewhat.  All in all, I'm very happy with its performance.  I had it on a Brodak P40, 60 foot lines with an 11x5 APC prop, stock muffler and no muffler pressure.

The TT46 was just the reverse.  I put it on a Brodak Cardinal with 65 foot lines, a B&O 12x3 and a Tower Hobby muffler. It seemed to run more consistant with muffler pressure.  I had to add 3 1/2 Oz. of weight  to the tail.  After a few flights I finally got it running about the right speed.  It seemed fine in level flight but slowed down each time I started a manuver.  It still performed pretty well.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: TT42 and TT46
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 04:13:55 AM »
Try adding a head shim to soften the break in the 42. Seems to work in FPs. Is your muffler too restrictive in the 46? Perhaps a slightly smaller diameter prop could help. If the engine is slowing in maneuvers, can be a sign of overload. Who did the conversions? What needlevalves, what interior diameter in the venturi? Did you use Thundertiger parts?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here