News:

• May 01, 2024, 03:02:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thunderbolt 4-cycle glowplugs  (Read 883 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Thunderbolt 4-cycle glowplugs
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
Somebody recently mentioned that the T-bolt 4-cycle glowplugs were no longer available, & not shown on the Hobby People website anymore. Typically, I don't recall who said that...but it's not so!  ??? NOT SO! TRUE, it says they're out of stock, but you can backorder them...which works very well, OBTW. Hobby People runs a tight ship, from my experience.   http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/115480.asp 

I don't use the T-Bolt 4-S in every engine, but have some engines that I do use them in. I wouldn't use one in a 4-cycle, opting for the OS or YS plugs (that are said to all made by OS and effectively identical except for markings). But I'd put one in an Evo .36 in a heartbeat. I've always run one in my 2Star .60bb, and have used one in a ST G.51, with fine results. There is no 'idle bar', and they don't have an extended 'nose' like the OS 4 stroke plug, making them a pretty wonderful stunt plug....  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Thunderbolt 4-cycle glowplugs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:44:51 PM »
Somebody recently mentioned that the T-bolt 4-cycle glowplugs were no longer available, & not shown on the Hobby People website anymore. Typically, I don't recall who said that...but it's not so!  ??? NOT SO! TRUE, it says they're out of stock, but you can backorder them...which works very well, OBTW. Hobby People runs a tight ship, from my experience.   http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/115480.asp 

I don't use the T-Bolt 4-S in every engine, but have some engines that I do use them in. I wouldn't use one in a 4-cycle, opting for the OS or YS plugs (that are said to all made by OS and effectively identical except for markings). But I'd put one in an Evo .36 in a heartbeat. I've always run one in my 2Star .60bb, and have used one in a ST G.51, with fine results. There is no 'idle bar', and they don't have an extended 'nose' like the OS 4 stroke plug, making them a pretty wonderful stunt plug....  H^^ Steve

Hi Steve 
I hate to have to tell you this but the plug you have listed is not the old 4 Cycle T Bolt plug, It is the new plug they replaced it with, Th4e High Performance Big Bore 2 and 4 cycle plug. The 4 stroke plugs are gone.
The new plug works better anyway
I have stocked them before Global even started selling them, and they work very well in many motors

Regards
Randy

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 08:32:12 PM »
Randy...In what way are these new plugs different? Do they have the extended nose like an OS "F" or an idle bar?
Do they look different in some distinguishing way? Thanks for correcting me, anyway.  :-[ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »
Randy...In what way are these new plugs different? Do they have the extended nose like an OS "F" or an idle bar?
Do they look different in some distinguishing way? Thanks for correcting me, anyway.  :-[ Steve

The new Big bore plugs have a differant formula element, They are 30% rhodium instead of the 20% of the 4 cycle. The body has  2 cut machined marks around the middle body of the BIG Bore plug. The 4 cycle had no groove

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here