News:

• May 02, 2024, 11:40:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Test stand therapy  (Read 414 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Test stand therapy
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:53:12 AM »
Well the move is finally over and I am all unpacked so I finally got to mess around in the yard with some engines. I ran a veco .19 and .61, the .19 ran real nice but its loud! the .61 ran nice but I shut it down, the prop just didn't seem right it had a little bit of a warp to it and I have spent way to much time at the Dr's lately anyway to chance it but it looks promising, kinda reminds me of a giant Fox but real smooth. I ran my trusty old Fox from when I was a kid and I must have been a lot more patient back then because the needle drove me crazy but it finally settled down, its still got the flat taper on it but I spapped it off propping it after I refueled it, I don't remember ever doing that on my shoestring but the fuse probably protected it a little.  I never tryed the newer tapered needle but at almost half the price of one of Randy's needle assy's and I am gonna go that way instead of the fox route actually gonna get a bunch of them. All in all I had a blast I missed the smell of castor I can't believe how easy my new Ni-Starter is to use compared to my old glo Bee, although that was nicer than my old Dry Cell Everyeady. Its good to be back!!! T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Test stand therapy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »
I'm really looking forward to getting back to things soon.  I am jealous! LL~ LL~ LL~  H^^

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here