News:

• May 01, 2024, 11:48:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tank adjustment  (Read 999 times)

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tank adjustment
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:07:12 AM »
My impact uses a Sullivan rectangular flex tank and I have the adjustment almost there. The powerplant is a Ro-Jett .65 BSRE on pipe. I have plumbed it according to Allen Brickhaus Flying Models article. No problem until the airplane is doing outsides or inverted at which time it slows slightly, enough to feel it be uncomfortable. Please comment on the ajustment of the fuel pickup. Allen also says that the uniflow tube maybe adjusted in and out but doesnt explain the results of that movement. Thanks in advance for your help.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Tank adjustment
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 06:09:10 AM »
My impact uses a Sullivan rectangular flex tank and I have the adjustment almost there. The powerplant is a Ro-Jett .65 BSRE on pipe. I have plumbed it according to Allen Brickhaus Flying Models article. No problem until the airplane is doing outsides or inverted at which time it slows slightly, enough to feel it be uncomfortable. Please comment on the ajustment of the fuel pickup. Allen also says that the uniflow tube maybe adjusted in and out but doesnt explain the results of that movement. Thanks in advance for your help.
Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I have found on clunk tanks that rotating the plug withthe fuel/uiflow lines does about the same as moving the tank.  Withthe plane on it's wheels the plug should be rotated so that the uniflow line is above the pick up.  That is on the Hunt/Werwage set up.  I am not sure of how Allen did his, exactly.

Bill <><

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:33:07 AM »
Thanks Bill, so are you saying that sitting on its wheels the pickup should go down?
Thanks
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 09:38:17 AM »
The engine thinks it is sucking fuel from the end of the uniflow; so moving the uniflow down will richen the engine inverted, and vice versa.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »
Thanks Bill, so are you saying that sitting on its wheels the pickup should go down?
Thanks
Wayne

Sitting on the wheels, it should go up.  It pretty much works just like moving a metal tank up.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 04:39:51 AM »
Bill, finally got to test the adjustment on the tank this past Sunday. Right on the money, first time out. Thanks for the help.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here