News:

• May 01, 2024, 08:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SUPER TIGRE S-60 FOR C/L ?  (Read 667 times)

Offline Robin_Holden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
SUPER TIGRE S-60 FOR C/L ?
« on: May 24, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
Hello from a new BRITISH member living in France .
Can anyone help please regarding the suitability of an ST 61S for C/L ?
There's one on E-Bay .......Is it worth converting to c/l ?.......Anything I should consider modifying ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated .

Robin

p.s. REALLY GREAT FORUM , WELL DONE EVERYONE. 

Offline Just One-eye

• Another Old Fart
  • Commander
Re: SUPER TIGRE S-60 FOR C/L ?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 06:32:05 PM »
The only big Tigre engines I ever heard of being in demand for CL were the V's, from 51 to 61.  I did have a 51 long ago, for a short while, then after it was stolen, never had another ST-V until this month, and I suddenly have three of them (2 51s, and one 60).  (And only one airframe appropriate for any of the three!)  Let's see what anyone else knows, shall we? 

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 10:37:05 PM »
Probably VERY heavy, lots of horsepower, at high rpm. Generally speaking, not what we're looking for. If you don't have something relatively mainstream, it's very hard to get help when you need setup advise. For that reason alone, I'd suggest something that's intended for Stunt, if that's what you want to do. It would save you money in the long run.

One of the new Enya .60 XCS or the .40XZS, would be high on my list. Stalkers are not all that expensive, either. You might also contact Rustler and see if you can get one of his Metamorph .40's or .61's direct from England.
 D>K  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Robin_Holden

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 01:15:39 AM »
Very much obliged guys for the advice.......

Robin  [in the Southern Charente of France].

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »
The Supertiger s60 is a large case engine that is quite a bit bigger and heavier than the older supertiger 60s.  It would probably have to have a dedicated airframe built for it.  The ST G51 is a modern motor that is cheap and would be a much better match for current airframes.

I have a ST G90 that is about the same size and weight as the STs-60.  I just don't have enough time to design and build an airframe for something that is so far out of the stunt norm.  I bearly have enough time to build a normal airplane.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here