News:

• May 02, 2024, 10:22:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Super Tigre 35 C  (Read 550 times)

Offline Dallas Healey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Super Tigre 35 C
« on: August 01, 2009, 04:49:58 AM »
I have recently purchased a Super Tigre 35 C on eBay. It as the baffle type piston. Is this the stunt or combat piston?

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Super Tigre 35 C
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »
I have recently purchased a Super Tigre 35 C on eBay. It as the baffle type piston. Is this the stunt or combat piston?

Hi Dallas
That one is the stunt version, many people are using and like it very much.

Randy

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »
Baffle = stunt.
Fine running engine.
Have one that the timing was changed to match a superb running fox stunt.
Chrome sleeve.
Squish band head.
Basically a improved super fox stunt.
Sweet sweet.

If I can find another ST baffled piston/sleeve would like to build one in a G-21 case.

David
David Roland

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »
Hmmmm.... Tiger 35 plain bearing stunt. Almost no one ran them because the baffel piston was heavier than the flat top and so it vibrated pretty badly. Most of them ended up with a flat top p/c and in a combat plane or fast (pressurized and 30 % nitro) fast profiles. The most effective use for the baffle piston p/c we had is shown in the attached pic. Does anyone notice something different about this Max III?

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:00:49 PM »
Quote from: Dave Adamisin
Does anyone notice something different about this Max III?
G'day Dave. Aluminium fins?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:08:46 AM by Bill Little »
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »
Absolutly. Max III's ran great if you had the time and could afford the fuel to break them in. I had a MaxIII that i would run then lap. run then lap some more. BORINGGG!!!!!. My dad had purchased a Tiger PB 35 stunt to try and found that it vibrated a lot....... I needed a new combat motor...... He turned the aluminum fins to fit the Tiger P/C and we took the baffled P/C from the Tiger and put them in the Max. The timing worked out just right and the Max had a much larger counter weight. The Max also had a larger bore so the engine disp. came out to about a 33. It runs like butter and doesn't shake at all. My brother Alan learned to fly with it in a v-tailed Ringmaster. The Tiger aquired a flat top p/c and is still in an old combat wing that we fly for the heck of it when we fly in a place that doesn't need to be muffled.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here