News:

• May 03, 2024, 04:49:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ST needle valves and spray bar questions.../  (Read 1906 times)

Offline joe renfro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
ST needle valves and spray bar questions.../
« on: November 14, 2007, 11:41:16 PM »
OK..another old guy trying to recapture the good old days of C/L...Have several ST engines..G-21 .35 and the C .35....
Trying to find extra needle valves is like looking for a needle in haystack..although I may have found them..the folks at Tower just either don't know what they have or are too lazy to help...Going to list some part numbers ..hope someone out there can educate me..used to just go to LHS and buy one..not any more!...OK..#LXFY18..needle for G-51 CL......
#LXMRB5...spray assembly for G-34.....#LXFY25...spray assembly for G-51...The 2 spray assemblies look identical to the brass spray bar in my engines now complete with the collette..... and HIGG2200...this is the long needle valve for S15-3000 made by Harry Higley...talked to Harry....he couldn't shed much light on Tower..except to say his needles will work in my engines!!! Just make them the length you want and cut the off....He said they are supposed to work on the engines from .15 to the 3000....OK
   Well...the #LXFY18 (for the G 51 CL)...looks exactly like the short ST needles I used to buy/use..

Bottom line is..are these all the same and will work in the spray bars they list for the engines there..they look exactly alike...tried to get someone at Tower to just get them in their hand and compare..Nope..that was out of the question..so...someone educate me....I am in Santa Fe,Tx...lived in the Heights in Houston for 30 years..prop taxes ran me out...now down here in the country....Scobee is a jillion miles from me...but lots of fields around here..

Thanks for listening...the next round is on me....

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: ST needle valves and spray bar questions.../
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:49:24 AM »
The Higley needles will work in your engines. I use them all the time.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Leonard Rennick

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 09:55:33 AM »
Randy Smith has what you need, either ST of his own.
Leonard Rennick AMA 865846

Offline joe renfro

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 10:15:16 AM »
OK..thanks...

Is the spraybar assembly for what is listed as for the G-34..will that fit in the older ST G-21 and C-35 ST engines of yesterday...They certainly look the same, but don't have any info as to size..diameter, etc...

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:30:16 AM »
I believe they're all the same size (.155"), the difference are in the location of the spray bar hole (where the fuel comes out.. see pic below), and where the thread starts for the mounting nut.  Stuka Stunt Works has 3 size of the ST NVA in their product section.

http://www.clstunt.com/products.htm

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:13:43 PM by Joe Yau »

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 02:38:51 PM »
RSM sells both needles and complete assemblies.
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline joe renfro

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
ok..who is RSM...sorry for the ignorance...?

I assume these have numbers...any idea as to which one has the spacing for the older G-21 engines...and will the LXFY18 needle for the G 51  CL fit..thanks

Offline joe renfro

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 04:54:18 PM »
sorry ..meant to put this link in so tou could see these parts I have been referring to..They are at Tower Hobby

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0091P?&C=GMG&V=SUP

Offline Steve Holt

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 08:38:21 AM »
ok..who is RSM...sorry for the ignorance...?

I assume these have numbers...any idea as to which one has the spacing for the older G-21 engines...and will the LXFY18 needle for the G 51  CL fit..thanks

RSM is Eric Rule's company which supplies great kits as well as most of the stuff you will need to fly.  His website is:
http://rsmdistribution.com/

As for his needle valves, they are Super Tigre clones, so you won't see the Tower Hobbies part numbers.  As I recall, he has one the same size as the .51 which fits smaller engines, and one for the .46 which fits larger engines and the Tigre G21 series of engines.

Steve

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 08:58:48 AM »
Hi Joe,

A call to Randy, or Eric, will get you the answers you need.

I am steadily replacing ALL my ST NVAs with the Aero Products NVAs from Randy Smith.  They are the same size wise, but they have a delrin collet in the clamp collar so that you do not need to worry about getting the collar tightened *just right*.  Randy has three sizes, which even includes a Fox 35 clone.  They are far and away the best NVAs made today (or in the past!).
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 09:10:19 AM »
I haven't gotten my hands on the G34 NVA, but the G51 NVA is pretty small, smaller then the G21/C.35 spraybars.  Unless the G34 NVA is larger then the G51 NVA, tower doesn't offer one that fits your engines.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 02:57:03 PM »
OK..another old guy trying to recapture the good old days of C/L...Have several ST engines..G-21 .35 and the C .35....
Trying to find extra needle valves is like looking for a needle in haystack..although I may have found them..the folks at Tower just either don't know what they have or are too lazy to help...Going to list some part numbers ..hope someone out there can educate me..used to just go to LHS and buy one..not any more!...OK..#LXFY18..needle for G-51 CL......
#LXMRB5...spray assembly for G-34.....#LXFY25...spray assembly for G-51...The 2 spray assemblies look identical to the brass spray bar in my engines now complete with the collette..... and HIGG2200...this is the long needle valve for S15-3000 made by Harry Higley...talked to Harry....he couldn't shed much light on Tower..except to say his needles will work in my engines!!! Just make them the length you want and cut the off....He said they are supposed to work on the engines from .15 to the 3000....OK
   Well...the #LXFY18 (for the G 51 CL)...looks exactly like the short ST needles I used to buy/use..

Bottom line is..are these all the same and will work in the spray bars they list for the engines there..they look exactly alike...tried to get someone at Tower to just get them in their hand and compare..Nope..that was out of the question..so...someone educate me....I am in Santa Fe,Tx...lived in the Heights in Houston for 30 years..prop taxes ran me out...now down here in the country....Scobee is a jillion miles from me...but lots of fields around here..

Thanks for listening...the next round is on me....

HI Joe

Much confusion on the Super Tiger NVAs. I do not know why they list 2 differant ones for the G-34 and the G-51, I sell both of these, and as all of the engines I get in have the exact same NVAs in them.
The NVAs that come with the new G-51 and G-43 are setup for a .510 spacing.
 These NVAs are basicly the same size as the older 15 St engine used and also the plain bearing C-35 and S-35.
 They do not fit the  G-21 35.
The spacing on the new G-34 is .600 and the G-51 is .715. So using the NVAs through the case as normal  will NOT work. Both of these engines have restrictors that are milled small in the middle and the 15 size NVAs installed.

I hope this doesn't confuse you more but the NVAs that Tower sales are the small 15 size.
If you want ones that will fit the  G-21 35, 40 or 46  that would be the Mid size, RSM has these along with Aero products.
If you want ones that fit across the case of the  new  G-51 or older ST V-60 you would want the large NVAs. These are also availble from RSM or from Aero Products.

Options are The PA type NVAs  and the  Enya NVAs, I have those here also.

Regards
Randy

Offline joe renfro

• Ensign
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 12:22:08 AM »

Thanks Randy...I will be in touch....

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here