News:

• May 03, 2024, 02:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ST .60V set up ?  (Read 718 times)

Offline Rob Killick

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
ST .60V set up ?
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »
Hi ,

I was wondering what I can do to improve reliability on myST .60 V ?
I don't want to put it through surgery , I just need some low key stuff to get a good stunt run . (fuel , head gaskets , venturies , etc.).

Thank you
Rob Killick , MAAC 33300

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: ST .60V set up ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:29:41 AM »
Hi ,

I was wondering what I can do to improve reliability on myST .60 V ?
I don't want to put it through surgery , I just need some low key stuff to get a good stunt run . (fuel , head gaskets , venturies , etc.).

Thank you

Hi Rob

You don't really need to do much of anything except treat it well, No lean runs proper fuel etc...
I setup over 500 of them and my setup was Bolly 13x6 2 blade, Bolly 12.5 x 5.5 2 blade bolly 12x6.5n 3 blade.  23% fuel 1/2 castor 5,or 10% nitro. Use a True Venturie with a #14 hole size. This gives a very nice strong 4 cycle with 2 cycle breaks in the tops of the maneuvers.
This setup Will drive thru winds pretty well and help keep the plane from winding up. The ST 60 will run well with lower pitch props but will wear out much faster and the  rod doesn't like the high RPM run.
Many other use a restrictor with a 285 to 312 diameter hole, .157 diameter spray bar, and either a decompressed head or add 1 or 2 extra head shims. I would use a  good expansion chamber type muffler as opposed to a tongue type.
Is this a new or used motor? what vintage? does it have muffler lugs on the side of the case?
All in all the motor is a very adaptable engine that can be ran in many differant ways with many differant prop combos

Regards
Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here