News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spry Bars  (Read 662 times)

Offline Joe Messinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Spry Bars
« on: November 01, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »
Hello,

Fooling with the spray bar that I mentioned in my question about centering brought another question to mind:  Some spray bars (probably most) have one hole in them.  Others have two smaller holes.  Is one design any better than the other?  Also, what type spray bar is used with a "true" or "sprinkler" venturi?

Thanks,

Joe
Joe Messinger

Offline Joe Messinger

• Commander
Re: Spry Bars
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:32:04 AM »
Make that "Spray" bars in the topic.  Neither I or the spell check didn't catch that. . .

Joe
Joe Messinger

Offline Greg L Bahrman

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 12:01:41 PM »
Hello,

Fooling with the spray bar that I mentioned in my question about centering brought another question to mind: Some spray bars (probably most) have one hole in them. Others have two smaller holes. Is one design any better than the other? Also, what type spray bar is used with a "true" or "sprinkler" venturi?

Thanks,Joe

Single hole for the sprinkler, pointed at the venturi. Both the double hole and the single hole can be used in the type where the spray bar goes thru the venturi. I haven't found a difference between the two types. I believe the most popular (90 percent or more) setup is the single hole. When using the double hole type it's important to install the spray bar so that when you look down the venturi you cannot see the holes. The holes are purposely drilled so that they are not 180 degrees apart. In other words the included angle between the holes is less than 180 degrees, maybe 160 to 170. This is the side that faces down.
Greg Bahrman, AMA 312522
Simi Valley, Ca.

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 01:23:16 PM »
Joe,

Greg didn't mention it, but obviously the single-jet spraybar goes so that the jet isn't visible as you 'look in.' There's been some experimentation, by some, who find that aiming the jet straight down the venturii may not be the ultimate best. It usually works, though.

The alternatives are from just out of sight, 30° down from straight across, or somewhere between 30° and 60° past straight across. I tend to feel there is a slight advantage doing it that way, and have heard good reasons for it. Aimed either to the front or rear doesn't seem to matter.

At the very least, tighten a single-jet spraybar in so the jet is f'r shr not visible...
\BEST\LOU

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here