News:

• May 04, 2024, 10:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SAITO .62  (Read 716 times)

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
SAITO .62
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »

Many have been asking about this engine.   ;D
   I have one on the way and I will run it in and test it as soon as it arrives.  #^ #^

Of course, a report will follow.

Bob Z.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
Re: SAITO .62
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »
Oh you dirty dog!!!
You got it before I did LOL.  I had my grimy little paws on it in the hobby shop the other day.  I was joking with the hobby shop guys that I was going to wait until someone brought it and reported on it before I got it.

Well, let me see what you say about it, although I am going to buy the thing anyway!!
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Walter Hicks

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:37:56 PM »
Gentlemen,

I have 35 min on my new Saito .62 on the bench. Running a 14x6 Rev Up . I will use it in the ARF Strega

with a clamp style quick change mount. I make my clamps from Aricraft Aluminum and have had no trouble with these.

I will be running these  at or below 8000 RPM. Igor Panchenko has a set up he flew at the Golden State Stunt

Contest that I really like. Also after watching numerous European pilots from the World Champs 2006. It does not

sound as though they are running a lot of rpm either. Igor uses a 14x7 special made balsa carbon covered prop he

got from some of his friends . It is very light. I am carving up a bunch of top flite 14x6 and 14x8 power point

props which I will re pitch and cut down to 13.5. I think they will work well . Happy New Years and Bob Z I would like to be on your 4 stroke  list! Thanks W Hicks

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:57:37 AM »
Hi, Walter - just send me your e-mail address and you're on the list.

Bob Z                      <rzambelli@moog.com>

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:52:03 AM »
Walter, is the venturi setup the same as on the 56, does it look like the UHP will fit?

I am a believer in the low RPM High pitch approach to 4 strokes. I think my 56 is right on the edge with a 6 pitch prop and will shortly be looking into something at 6 1/2 or 7. I am also going to somehow incorporate an adjustable venturi like I did the 40a.

I have both a Tom Dixon venturi and a UHP, neither one lends itself to being easily modified to be adjustable. The Dixon looks like an upside down bell with pretty thin wall thickness and the UHP insert has to have a thin wall to fit the manifold. Not enough meat in either one to thread for a nylon screw. Will probably use the UHP and make an insert with a flat side so it will clear the manifold.

With an adjustable venturi and the right prop you can tweak the thing to the lap speed/RPM you know works with your setup in any conditions.

Walter Hicks

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 07:59:15 PM »
Yes , the UHP venturi for the Saito .56 fits , I think this one (.62 ) might just be what we are looking for.

Please let me know if you use the screw in the venturi method on the .56. I think that is an excellent idea !

As soon as you do it I  will follow. As soon As I get enough run time I will swith over to the UHP set up and

log all my information regarding props etc.

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 02:11:45 PM »
Walter: Any update on the Saito 62 and the ARF Strega ??
Leester
ama 830538

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here