News:

• May 02, 2024, 11:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RO-JETT .40 throwing prop nut ?  (Read 717 times)

Offline Rob Killick

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
RO-JETT .40 throwing prop nut ?
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:06:27 PM »
Hi ,

I started to try and break-in my Ro-Jett .40 BSE RE and when I try to start it (back flipping) , the prop nut loosens on the smallest of pops (back fires) ?
I'm using the Master Airscrew 8X6 as reccomended by the manufacturer and just a prop , no spinner . The prop driver seems to slip as the engine tries to start .
It's a sake of safety , for sure .
The motor is brand new .
Any suggestions ?

Thanks ,

Rob Killick
Rob Killick , MAAC 33300

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: RO-JETT .40 throwing prop nut ?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:04:33 AM »
Rob,

Not sure if this is your problem, but I have noticed that the B40 and the LA 40 and 46 are very sensitive to over prime and flooding when new.  They will kick back viciously and especially the LA 46 will kick the prop loose.

Also, use a good wrench to tighten the prop nut--the little 4 way job doesn't get it done for me.  I like a box end to get the nut tight without damage.

Cheers,
Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Online john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:30:56 AM »
Hi Rob,  just read this post about your RO-Jett 40.  When I got mine from Richard Oliver I had quite a discussion about it.  Was told to run the engine a little on rich side for first runs.  Mine is the bar stock rear exhaust 40 with the mini pipe muffler.  The fuel I am using now is the Power Master all synthetic 15% nitro with 22% oil.  The prop is the Windsor 11.5 X 4.5 prop.  It is in an over weight Brodak Accentor flying on .015 X 65 fot cable.  I have yet to have the prop come loose.  I have had to pull plug when I got it flooded a couple of times.  Most of the times it is two or three flip start.  Reread my instructions and see no where as to breaking in with 8 inch prop.  In fact Richard told me to put it in the plane and fly.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Rob Killick

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »
Hi ,

Problem solved !

I forgot to counter bore the Master Airscrew  :P It wasn't making full contact with the prop driver .

Thanks for the input .

Rob Killick
Rob Killick , MAAC 33300

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here