News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Red head 35 fox  (Read 628 times)

Offline Jimmy R. Jacobs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Red head 35 fox
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:12:11 PM »

I just got two red head 35 fox, both like new, will they have a good stunt run?

Jimmy

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
Re: Red head 35 fox
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 01:24:54 PM »
What you have are examples of the 1959 FOx Rocket .35, a derivative of the '57-'58 Combat Special. It has the timing of the CS sleeve, but a standard (unhardened) crankshaft, so while power output is upped, durability isn't. It should be regarded as a good "sport" engine, but kind of a mongrel; neither the stunt run of the .35Stunt nor the long-term performance of the Combat Special. I believe Fox created this engine to compete with the McCoy .35 RH and K&B Stallions of the period.

My suggestion, if you want good stunt engines, is to eBAY these (especially if you have boxes and paperwork) and buy the good stunt engines, whether FOx or something else.
(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline Keith Spriggs

• Captain
    • khspriggs
Re: Red head 35 fox
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »
I think Ralph is exactly right. I bought one of these engines when they came out. As I recall it lacked the good features of both the stunt .35 and the Combat Special. I also had a couple of the cheap McCoys. They worked pretty good at first but they were not very durable. I had forgot about the Stallion.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here