News:

• April 27, 2024, 04:51:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: R/C Engine conversion  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Robert Schick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
R/C Engine conversion
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:14:03 AM »
I bought some balsa today and while I was in my local shop I saw 2 engines that I might be able to use- Supretigre G51 an OS LA 46. Both were RC versionsand both were the same price about $135.00.  YES, I live in Thailand and I have many problems with getting things from overseas so if someone can inform me on how to convert them to Stunt versions I would be in your debt. 

I have more to overcome as lines are not available and in the limited balsa supply there was no such thing as a block. Many things to overcome but I will make it.

Oh the other thing about which engine I might be able to use is that the only fuel available is some RC brew, probable little or no castor oil.  This is all difficult for me as I am a Fox.35/johnson .35 man.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: R/C Engine conversion
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
Tower Hobbies should be able to ship stuff. Use an FP40 needle valve and an FP40 venturi in the LA46. Or an LA46 CL venturi, come to think of it. FP40 venturis come in Small or Large. You might as well order both and see which win is better suited to your airplane. Suptigre venturis and needle valves for the 51 should also be available from Tower. Isn't it possible to order from Japan. Or China directly? Obviously a lot closer than the USA.

Advertise Here
Tags: stunt 

Advertise Here