News:

• May 10, 2024, 06:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Raise the Titanic? No, raise the tank in my Vector 40 ARF.  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Raise the Titanic? No, raise the tank in my Vector 40 ARF.
« on: January 06, 2021, 08:38:18 PM »
I need to cut a relief in the engine bearers so I can raise the tank.  However, I do not know what technique.  X-Acto gouges?  Chisel?  A round metal cutter on a Dremel?  Series of drilled holes?  Saw blade on the Dremel? 

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Raise the Titanic? No, raise the tank in my Vector 40 ARF.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:56:19 PM »
I need to cut a relief in the engine bearers so I can raise the tank.  However, I do not know what technique.  X-Acto gouges?  Chisel?  A round metal cutter on a Dremel?  Series of drilled holes?  Saw blade on the Dremel?

I would remove the tank and raise the uniflow vent instead.

Brett

Online Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 09:59:54 PM »
   I would remove the tank and raise the uniflow vent instead.

Brett

What Brett said!

For clarification:  The location of the uniflow tube  exit "in" the tank "IS" the tank from the engine's point of view; thus, raising the tube is the same thing as raising the entire tank.  Ideally the tank would be built with the wedge slightly higher than vertically "centered" in order to provide full "tank level control to the engine" until just before shutoff but in the vast majority of cases there is enough fuel remaining after the clover to allow the "adjustment" to be consistent throughout the pattern.

Hope that helps (and hope you're running a uniflow system!)

Ted

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 02:48:20 PM »
You can also add a doghouse on the top of the tank between the bearers. Pressure due to gravity of a fluid is independent of the shape of the vessel.
AMA 76478

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here