News:

• May 20, 2024, 04:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about the various -tiger engines.  (Read 1341 times)

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
Question about the various -tiger engines.
« on: June 25, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »
I'm confused (as usual) about the various -tiger branded engines.  I have seen mentioned on the forums and in magazines the Super-Tiger, the Thunder-Tiger, and the Aero-Tiger.  Are they all different engines from different manufacturers?  I noticed that many of the high scoring flyers at VSC used an engine called an Aero-Tiger 36.  What is this engine and is it commercially available?

Thanks for any help and explanations.

Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Question about the various -tiger engines.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 12:27:07 AM »
I'm confused (as usual) about the various -tiger branded engines.  I have seen mentioned on the forums and in magazines the Super-Tiger, the Thunder-Tiger, and the Aero-Tiger.  Are they all different engines from different manufacturers?  I noticed that many of the high scoring flyers at VSC used an engine called an Aero-Tiger 36.  What is this engine and is it commercially available?

Thanks for any help and explanations.

All are different.  The Super Tigre (re) was/is made in Italy/China.  Very old engine company and some of the ST's are icons in the stunt world, especially the 46 and small case 60.  The "newer" G-51 is a great stunt engine in it's own right.

Thunder Tiger is a different company, made in Taiwan, IIRC, and makes a lot of mainly R/C type engines.

The Aero Tiger 36 is based on a Thunder Tiger 36 case.  Randy Smith sells those which he fits with a new sleeve/piston of his design, does whatever else he does, and mainly transforms it into a killer CLPA engine!   I believe that Henry Nelson makes the parts for Randy which are about as good as one can get.  It runs completely different from the stock Thunder Tiger 36, and is a super friendly engine to use with PLENTY of usuable power.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:39:16 PM »
Bill,

Thanks for the enlightenment.  I finally found that Aero-Tiger on the Aeroproducts web page.  Kinda expensive for a hacker like me.  Guess I'll stick with the inexpensive OS LAs for now.

Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 03:44:15 AM »
Steve...
The AT .36 is a gem....and probably the least expensive "pure stunt" engine available....

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here