News:

• May 03, 2024, 01:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Props for Old Double Ring ST.60  (Read 675 times)

Offline Bill Barber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Props for Old Double Ring ST.60
« on: December 09, 2009, 08:34:57 PM »
  Randy , I have an old chrome sleeve double ring St.60 that's just been rebuilt by Tom Lay . I am planning to use it in a T-Rex ARF .What props do you recommend ?
Bill Barber
AMA 325076

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Props for Old Double Ring ST.60
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
  Randy , I have an old chrome sleeve double ring St.60 that's just been rebuilt by Tom Lay . I am planning to use it in a T-Rex ARF .What props do you recommend ?
Bill Barber

Hi Bill
I would first try a 13 x 6, The double rings like to run a little deeper into a 4 cycle and  do not like to be pushed hard in a 4/2,
We used Bolly 13 x 6,  Rev up 13 x 6  and  BYO 13 x 6, the Pro Zinger 13 x 6 would be a great prop kit for you
Also the 12 x 6.5 3 blades work well
start with 50 50 castor synth mix fuel 10% nitro, please don;t use all castor as it WILL burn in the ring groove and stick the rings up, when that happens you will loose some compression and wear uneven  spots on the stuck ring

Randy
Randy

Offline Bill Barber

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 12:51:17 PM »
   Randy I am using this motor in in a T-Rex ARF using a strap-on tube muffler . The cowl is so wide the muffler will not extend outside of it . Do you have extented strap-on muffler for ST .60  ?    I would prefer using a tube muffler over a tongue , just like the sound of a tube muffler on a St.60 .
  Bill
AMA 325076

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
  Randy I am using this motor in in a T-Rex ARF using a strap-on tube muffler . The cowl is so wide the muffler will not extend outside of it . Do you have extented strap-on muffler for ST .60  ?    I would prefer using a tube muffler over a tongue , just like the sound of a tube muffler on a St.60 .
  Bill

Hi Bill

No Sorry I do not make an extention  for the tube mufflers
However you may find an old Dubro meffler pack at a hobby store and make one pretty quickly
Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here