News:

• May 02, 2024, 03:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Plasma Fox breaking hard  (Read 983 times)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Plasma Fox breaking hard
« on: May 09, 2006, 02:06:42 PM »
Never ran a Fox 35 before, stuck with OS or ST which always just seemed to work. Have a Fox 35, actually a 30 because it has a plasma coated ceramic sleeve. Not running a muffler as the airplane can't stand the extra nose weight. Seems to have plenty of power but breaks a little to hard.

Have both head shims that came with the P&L installed but didn't help much, It breaks into a 2 stroke fine as soon as the nose goes up but stays there until I come back to level flight. Inside or outside doesn't matter, only tenth of a second difference between inverted and upright. 4 ounce clunk uniflow and only getting about 5 1/2 minutes on 4 ounces of 10 - 22.

Thinking about installing a ST needle assy without opening the venturi. Any other ideas???

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Plasma Fox breaking hard
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »
HI Bob

what nitro percentage are you using?  if it i s high  nitro  go down on it.  if it  isn't  use  the thicker  ST  spray bar  to make the venturi  smaller

Regards
Randy

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: Plasma Fox breaking hard
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »
Hi Randy..

10% nitro 22% oil 50-50, have a gallon of Super Fuel but was not liking the idea of running a different fuel for this one engine.

BTW: Apreciate your involvement in this forum, maybe someday I will be able to swing one or two of your engines.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here