News:

• April 30, 2024, 07:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Perry pump for stunt?  (Read 872 times)

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Perry pump for stunt?
« on: October 20, 2006, 05:41:26 PM »
I have found in my old stash of stuff some new in the box perry fuel pumps to fit the St 51-56-60 , Veco 61, and St 40-46. Since some folks like to run muffler pressure on the stunt engines, I thought I might give these a go. Any of you guys ever tried these pumps before, for a stunt application?
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Perry pump for stunt?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 08:35:21 AM »
OK, I guess I will be breaking new ground this winter trying this.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:46 AM »
People have tried them and complained about the weight.  Also, the backplate style of Perry Pump has some sort of bleed hole in it that has to be postioned properly.

It's also a bunch more finicky parts to keep clean and wear out.
phil Cartier

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »
I have found in my old stash of stuff some new in the box perry fuel pumps to fit the St 51-56-60 , Veco 61, and St 40-46. Since some folks like to run muffler pressure on the stunt engines, I thought I might give these a go. Any of you guys ever tried these pumps before, for a stunt application?

HI Gordon

I have used them on many differant 2 and  4 stroke engines, The results  were not  good.
They make the motors "dumb motors"  Kill off the 4-2 break. . Plus  they also have  several other  downsides.
 You may possibly  have  luck with them on 4 strokes  but  in my opinion  they are useless  for our  purposes.

Regards
Randy

Alan Hahn

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »
That is interesting because one of the perennial debates   f~ is whether the 4-2 break is caused by the engine going lean because its nose is up and the tank head is now lower, or the increased load on the engine because the rpm drops because of the larger load going vertical (engine heat goes up). Your observations (assuming they were in-flight) supports the first view.

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:30:44 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I think I might still try it ,but not with great expectations of a stellar stunt run.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here