News:

• April 30, 2024, 07:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: paw 29 ds props  (Read 882 times)

Offline line stunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
paw 29 ds props
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:14:41 AM »
hi everyone have fitted a paw 29 ds into a brodak me 109,   any one know what size prop  to use. i am thinking around a 10x6 for starting out.  any body out there used one for stunt and what there set up was. thanks damien n~
ps randy i recived my order of  two tube mufflers for st 60s and are very happy with them thanks.   
damien sammut

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: paw 29 ds props
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:53:29 PM »
Damien,

The 29DS is a plain bearing engine, right? I suggest  following the manufacturer recommendations for fuel, prop and break-in before flying it.

A 10-6 might do well on a fully broken-in 29DS, but I expect the instructions list a 10-6 as at the small end of the recommended props range. Larger props won't hurt it. They even have an advantge that they run on lower compression and richer needle settings - easier on the engine.

Luck!
\BEST\LOU

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »
Perhaps you should also know that Eric Clutton (aka Dr. Diesel) does not consider the .29 DS one of PAW's "stellar performers". I was disappointed to hear this, as I have two NIB! Sigh . . .
(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline line stunter

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:13:16 AM »
hi lou and wenzel thanks for replys, ran it in on a 11x5 on a 30 % oil mix and it feels quite free now,gave it a few flights today with a 10x6 prop on 60 ft lines and it seemed to have a good lap speed and fly full patten ok for me , not that i fly it that good. . does seem to start easily, no nasty prop bitting as happens with smaller new diesels .does nice loops at constant speed with no speeding up on down ward leg, engine run should get better as i get use to turning it,so far so good i like it. **) cheers damien
damien sammut

Offline Manuel Cortes

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 04:03:21 AM »
Hello:
I have used diesels for a long time, allways prefer 6" to 5", don´t worry about speed up in the wind, diesels are diferent (and smelt different too  %^). Probably with a 6" pitch prop you can use 63 ft. lines, and mantain same lap time.
Hope it helps.
PS: just for the record my little PAW 15 turns a 9x6 effortlessly.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here