News:

• May 08, 2024, 08:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PA 65 RE with Muffler  (Read 887 times)

Offline Fernando

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
PA 65 RE with Muffler
« on: August 26, 2007, 08:11:52 PM »

I mounted my Pa 65 RE with Muffler in a Strega ARF, made some flights this weekend. The engine is running very well, but I did not find a good a prop.  I tried a Bolly 3 blade 13x4,5 and one 13x4,5 2 blade that I bought from the Randy and was not good none of the two, I has to close to much the needle and the engine  got to poor. I also tested one 13x5 but wooden Rev Up, was the one that was a little better. Which prop I must use?
  Which size and pitch?

Fernando - from Brazil

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: PA 65 RE with Muffler
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:19:01 PM »

I mounted my Pa 65 RE with Muffler in a Strega ARF, made some flights this weekend. The engine is running very well, but I did not find a good a prop.  I tried a Bolly 3 blade 13x4,5 and one 13x4,5 2 blade that I bought from the Randy and was not good none of the two, I has to close to much the needle and the engine  got to poor. I also tested one 13x5 but wooden Rev Up, was the one that was a little better. Which prop I must use?
  Which size and pitch?

Fernando - from Brazil

HI Fernando

I am glad to see you here, The plane you are using will need more pitch, I would suggest asking if your flying buddies know how to pitch up carbon props, if they do try  a 4 .75 to 5 pitch, The Strega has a very very thick wing which has a lot of drag, so you will need a prop to match that airframe

Regards
Randy

Offline Fernando

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:43:21 AM »

Tanks Randy.

I borrowed a pitch gauge of my friend and I will look the pitch and put some more. Do you know where I can find a pitch gauger to buy???  I looking for a Prather one.

Tanks again for send the kit and the muffler very fast to me.

Fernando

Offline Ron King

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:51:08 PM »
Fernando,

You might try to Google the Prather pitch gauge and see what pops up.

I bought my latest one from Darryl Cady, but I have since seen them in a few shops around the country.

If you are really brave, you could go ask my ex-wife if you could have my old one. It's sitting in the basement of our old house in Beltsville, Maryland along with some other choice CLPA goodies. Best of luck if you try this option - please notify us so we can alert your next of kin.   mw~ mw~

Ron
Ron King
AMA AVP District 4
Wannabe Stunt Pilot since 1963
 Amateurs practice until they get it right; Pros practice until they cannot get it wrong.

Offline Norvaldo

• 2020 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 07:09:56 AM »
Hi Fernando.
Just wondered how you get along here.
Reason for asking is that i have the same plane and i am considerin on engine.
PA 75 ... 
Have you got a picture of  the engine mounted in the plane?
Best regards Norvald Olsvold
Norvald Olsvold

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here