News:

• May 22, 2024, 08:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PA 51 Tempest II Tank Size  (Read 597 times)

Offline Walter Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
PA 51 Tempest II Tank Size
« on: January 15, 2007, 06:28:28 AM »
Hi everyone, First post with Stunt Hanger been away awhile but getting back into the game. I am building a Tempest II with a 1996 vintage NOS PA51 with the then recomended pipe. What capacity tank will finnish the pattern and a little extra on 15% fuel and recomended 3blade Bolly.Thanks Walt
Take a spin.....You might like it.

Online peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: PA 51 Tempest II Tank Size
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:41:33 AM »
Walt....Welcome back!
I flew that combo for a few years with a 6 ounce tank and 10% fuel....
Do I have your mailing address?

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »
Hi everyone, First post with Stunt Hanger been away awhile but getting back into the game. I am building a Tempest II with a 1996 vintage NOS PA51 with the then recomended pipe. What capacity tank will finnish the pattern and a little extra on 15% fuel and recomended 3blade Bolly.Thanks Walt

Hi Walt

Peabody is correct , unless you really plan to use 15% fuel, in that case you may need  more.  I would suggest you do not start off with 15% nitro fuel, if you start  flying teh plane in the spring try 5% to start then if needed go up untill the nitro is correct, remember, if you start with 15% in the cooler spring months you may need 25 TO 30 % to keep the run the same in the summmer

Randy

Offline Walter Johnson

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:56:45 PM »
Thanks all, Looking at the plans there is six inches from F1 to F2 might be able to strech it to six and a half or go with a 8 ounce plastic. Randy I am building from one of your laser cut kits very nice. Will give updates as I progress.
Hi Rich if that post is from Circle Burner Peabody I do recieve your GSCB contest schedule but just in case its 5 Pearl Street, Clinton,CT 06413. Thanks Again Walt
Take a spin.....You might like it.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here