News:

• May 22, 2024, 02:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PA 51 Series 1  (Read 928 times)

Offline Walter Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
PA 51 Series 1
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »
     I have a PA 51 bought during March 1996 is this a series 1 engine. If so are there any mods needed to improve the run. The engine is new broken in excellent condition on the crankcase the #190 is scribed and pipe on mounting lug. It was bought with a carbon pipe from Randy but the sales slip does not say the model of the pipe.Thanks Walter
Take a spin.....You might like it.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: PA 51 Series 1
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »
     I have a PA 51 bought during March 1996 is this a series 1 engine. If so are there any mods needed to improve the run. The engine is new broken in excellent condition on the crankcase the #190 is scribed and pipe on mounting lug. It was bought with a carbon pipe from Randy but the sales slip does not say the model of the pipe.Thanks Walter

HI Walter,

Sonds like about the same vintage as my .51.  Haven't changed mine any, and Randy has never said much about doing any changes to it.  I hope he jumps in here!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »

Hi Walter

Being that old it is most likley a series1  Nothing at all wrong with them, they run very well. when and if,  you wear it  out it can be updated.
I have a combination series 1\2 PA 51 in my KATANA that I have flown for several years now.
best thing is to fly and enjoy

Regards
Randy

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:08:55 PM »
Hi Walter

Being that old it is most likley a series1  Nothing at all wrong with them, they run very well. when and if,  you wear it  out it can be updated.
I have a combination series 1\2 PA 51 in my KATANA that I have flown for several years now.
best thing is to fly and enjoy

Regards
Randy

Hi Randy,

Can you run down the differences in the Series 1 and Series 2?

Thanks
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Walter Johnson

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »
Thanks Bill and Randy just wanted to get all the ducks in a row before final assy and test flying down the road. Still building the Tempest II man that kit is nice the wing is coming out oh so nice with no hassles what so ever.Thanks Again Walter #^
Take a spin.....You might like it.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 09:24:27 PM »
Thanks Bill and Randy just wanted to get all the ducks in a row before final assy and test flying down the road. Still building the Tempest II man that kit is nice the wing is coming out oh so nice with no hassles what so ever.Thanks Again Walter #^

Hi Walter  , Bill

Walter the  new pipes are 1/10 inch  larger diameter than the older pipes and  are  better pipes, so make sure not to make the fuse and thinner than shows on the plan. Also remeber to keep the  header  the  full  lenght, and  trim the  pipe only, it will last much longer this way.

Bill the  main differance in the series 1 vs. 2 are   the  crankshaft and  head was changed , the case and venturies  also went thru a tweek at that time  too. All the  parts are interchangable  so  any  wanted  updates can be  done.

Regards
Randy

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 09:41:27 PM »
Thanks, Randy.  Don't know which one mine is, but I know it works great!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here