News:

• May 26, 2024, 11:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Information needed for the ST G Sport engines  (Read 756 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Information needed for the ST G Sport engines
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:09:07 AM »
     Hello All:

Any information concerning Super Tigre engines marked with a large G and the word SPORT on the left side.  These seem to have a very large finned head and appear to be quite robust in construction. On the other side, it says that they were made in Italy.  I have not taken mine apart yet, but it appears that it has two ball bearings supporting the crankshaft.

I picked one up "cheap" and a friend of mine showed up with one the last time that we flew together.  His is a .51 and mine is a .49.  His was given to him free by a friend. They do not command a high price on E Bay.

They both start well and seem to have good power.  His is on a Tudor and mine is on a Lieutenant.  I needed a lot of nose weight and this engine is quite heavy!

I think that this series of G engines include displacements such as .29, .40, ..49, 51, .75 and .90. They appear to be a good engine for sport c/l flying. How are the different displacements obtained.  Is it like the old G20 and G21 cases where there was enough room in the castings to accommodate different displacements while using the same crankcase? Can metal be removed from the head to reduce the size and weight?

Anybody use these engines and if so, what are your opinions?

Stay well,

Frank

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Information needed for the ST G Sport engines
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 09:04:20 PM »
Looks like the Sport 40 & 49 are ingle ball race engines .
Were a attempt at a less expensive durable ' Sport '  %^@
motor . R/C obviously .

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here