News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:08:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Os nva position  (Read 1066 times)

Offline adam collver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Os nva position
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
Putting a new nva in an os 40 fp and having problems with the engine run where do i position the hole in the spray bar. Or just thing of buying a brodak 40 do i have to have special guel for it.

Thanks
Adam

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Os nva position
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »
              Adam, typically the hole is placed on the same angle as the case.Make sure your using the o-ring under the venturi. A new o-ring will considerably take a lot of thumb pressure to squeeze down to insert the spraybar through the case and through the venturi.  Picture an imaginary line down the center of the venturi and case, this should be your centerline of hole with the hole pointing down.  Sometimes, if using a OS stock spraybar, it will either have a flat on the bar or one of the hex flats of the spraybar will assist you in lining up the bar. In other words, seeing that the hole is pointed downwards toward the crank you can't see it to line it up properly. As for the Brodak.40, I have from day one used Powermaster GMA 5% nitro -22%. This fuel is a 50/50 blend of synthetic and castor. Ken

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
Re: Os nva position
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »
With airflow around a circular body, the area of maximum turbulence is behind the circular body parallel with the airflow. I always locate my OS spray bars so that they face back towards the cylinder and just out of sight. This is the point of maximum airflow speed and, I believe maximum suction. In this position, one of the flats on the hex is parallel to the crank centreline.

The Brodak 40 instructions call for 22% oil, 50:50 and 5% or 10% nitro.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here