News:

• May 06, 2024, 08:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS glow plugs  (Read 747 times)

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
OS glow plugs
« on: January 17, 2008, 07:22:55 PM »
Hi Randy, I've received several OS glow plugs, type F. On the paper work it states they are for four cycle engines. Do you know if anyone has tried these plugs for control line engines? Being for four cycle engines I believe they would be a hot type plug. Most my stunt engines I use the enya #3, which is a hot plug. What do you think would be the worst that could happen running one of these plugs? They look a lot like a long reach type plug, no idle bar, just a long coil. I also received several McCoy four cycle plugs, they look very much like the OS plugs. Just another dumb question, Gary
Gary Anderson

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: OS glow plugs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 07:53:24 PM »
Hi Randy, I've received several OS glow plugs, type F. On the paper work it states they are for four cycle engines. Do you know if anyone has tried these plugs for control line engines? Being for four cycle engines I believe they would be a hot type plug. Most my stunt engines I use the enya #3, which is a hot plug. What do you think would be the worst that could happen running one of these plugs? They look a lot like a long reach type plug, no idle bar, just a long coil. I also received several McCoy four cycle plugs, they look very much like the OS plugs. Just another dumb question, Gary

HI Gary

THe ENYA #3 is a great plug for many 2 or 4 cycle engines. I have used the OS plugs in the past and have not had great results with them.  However  many people do use the OS plugs with very good results, so bottom line is  use whatever works best for you
The best plugs I have used are the
ENYA #3 or 4 in summer
T Bolt Big Bore
T BolT RC long
Glow Devil RC #300
Sig RC long

There are others but these are the most common used ones

Regards
Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here