News:

• April 28, 2024, 09:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS .40 H questions  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
OS .40 H questions
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »
 H^^

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:05:20 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Steve Holt

• Commander
Re: OS .40 H questions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:39:11 PM »
Ty,
Are there any markings on the case other than the "40"?
There were several versions of the Max H 40.  There was an "S" which was a pretty good stunt motor, a "P" which was an R/C pylon motor and not so good for stunt except with a very low pitch prop.  The unmarked engines were, I believe, the standard R/C engine.  Nice, well made engines but heavier than an FP with less power.

There was also a Rat Race version that had a huge venturi opening.
Steve

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:53 PM »
I have two OS .40-H engines. One new, never run, and one obviously used. The papers with the new one state that it is a special plated (chrome or nickle?) liner, none expanding piston, and requires very little break in. They have two ball bearings.  Are these any good as stunt engines???? ???

edit. even spell check missed one

Avoid the "P" like the plague!  Bobby Hunt made quite a bit of use of the OS MAX 40H. y1

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Sawyer

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:01:42 AM »
If it had an "s" on it I would think it was one of the early engines with a single bearing  - bushing in front. The "p" stands for pylon and is a different timed engine and is not useable for stunt. There was also an r/c which I have seen but do not own. All of the markings are the same except the "p" - the "s" came with a venturi and needle. I have sold or traded several and still have 11 of them - all the double bearing versions. None of mine have the extra letter on the side. I have not seen a newer version with the extra letter. They will give you a breaking run but not quite like the Fox. Try an 11 X 5 on them.
Bill Sawyer
AMA 53987
Windancer Models

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here