News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 32 SX  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
OS 32 SX
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:34:38 AM »
Guy's I have several of these engines and like them very much, however they seem to be having a castor build up inside  the engine and I am having some trouble getting the steady runs that they once produced.
 What suggestions do ya'll have for restoring the run's ?? 
 They still have real good compression, so that tell's me that they aren't worn out.
  Randy Smith and others your oponions please...........
                 Thanks a lot...
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: OS 32 SX
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
Guy's I have several of these engines and like them very much, however they seem to be having a castor build up inside  the engine and I am having some trouble getting the steady runs that they once produced.
 What suggestions do ya'll have for restoring the run's ?? 
 They still have real good compression, so that tell's me that they aren't worn out.
  Randy Smith and others your oponions please...........
                 Thanks a lot...

How much castor are you running in them, the most they would need is 1\4 castor. You may want to run a synth blend with only about 5 or 6 ounces of castor in the fuel

Randy

Offline Don Curry AMA 267060

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »
If you run some commercial fuel with all synthetic oil it will remove the castor build up. you can then add a small amount of castor to the unused all synthetic and use it like you would normally.

Don

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 06:03:10 PM »
   Thanks for the reply's fellow's..
  Guy's I am running 22% oil half castor half synthetic, I will run all syn in it as they are Ball Bearing engines.
   Thanks for ya'll's help..
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Robin_Holden

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:04:47 AM »

Hi fellas from a mild and sunny Charente in S.W.France.

Never tried an OS 32 SX. Would appreciate some comments as to it's suitabilty for stunt please ?

I'm non-competitive , strictly Sunday sprt for pleasure .

Much obliged ,

Robin [ ex-pat Brit in the Charente full of ex-pat Brits ]

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »
According to the Tower catalog, the SX was a "special purposes" (hotrod) engine, with pretty high rpm range, and ABC. The ABC is good, but the rest isn't, for stunt. They were used by some in 80mph combat, but at $125 each, that was thought to be a bit steep for what many consider a 'fun' event. It appears like OS has dropped the SX and come out with the new AX, in ABL cylinder configuration, whatever that may be. I don't understand why they wouldn't keep the same design and adopt new cylinder technology (if it's better) to it. Unless that technology isn't as good as ABC, of course.

Short answer is: Probably not for your purposes, unless you want a go-fast combat-ish model for reflex tuning on occasion.    H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here