News:

• May 07, 2024, 10:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 15FP setup  (Read 577 times)

Chris Wellington

• Trade Count: (0)
OS 15FP setup
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
I ran into problems with a new OS15 FP on a profile Peacemaker : setup was standard venturi/needle etc no muffler - GRW 2oz uniflo wedge (the uh200 ?) - APC 8X4 - Enya 3 plug - 5 nitro/ 20 castor fuel. Engine was ground run 7/8 tanks on the bench no problems.

Symptoms in the air where immediate cut off in manoeuvres unless the needle was opened way rich and even then bunts could result in cut out. A switch to a narrower (width) tank was suggested but the only one immediately available was a shorter deeper Brodak 2oz profile wedge. This improved the situation but runs where still inconsistent with yet again a tendency to cut on the bunt. Is this engine tank critical and any proven suggestions for set up?

Cheers

Offline Bob Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
  • Lone Eagle Stunt Flyers -Have stooge. will travel.
Re: OS 15FP setup
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:57:08 AM »
What is your launch RPM? Lap time? Does it run the same inverted or have you been unable to get there? Is the overflow vent caped for flight? A bit more info please. I sounds like a tank/plumbing problem to me. I made a custom 2 oz. tank for my set up, though I didn't get enough flights yet to determine its general performance I've not encountered your problem.  A uniflow klunk tank might be a good alternative. Please let  us know more.

Bob

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here