News:

• May 01, 2024, 04:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: O.S..35-S Question...  (Read 518 times)

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
O.S..35-S Question...
« on: June 24, 2009, 06:12:23 PM »
 This might be a stupid question, but did the O.S..35-S's come from the factory with a thrust washer? What I mean is the real thin washer typically between the crankcase and the knurled prop hub, or what I call the thrust washer. I'm wondering this because I have three of these engines (all purchased used) and I just discovered that none of them have this washer.   
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Dave Adamisin

Re: O.S..35-S Question...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
Yes they came with a steel washer between the hub and case. My father used to put a teflon button is the crankpin to limit the rearward motion of the crank and remove the steel washer. It worked well and kept the crank from bouncing back and forth which in turn eliminated the rod wear issue. He set up the end play to about 0.010" - 0.020". Check your engines for the button if they aren't there you should either have someone make the buttons (the best choice) or find some of the steel washers. I guessing that the washers from fp's should work.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: O.S..35-S Question...
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
 Thanks Dave, I thought they should be there. And yes, the FP ones are the same thing.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here