News:

• June 25, 2024, 12:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Graupner Props  (Read 580 times)

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Graupner Props
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:08:14 PM »
Hi guys,

Has anyone used these props, Graupner three blades???? Are they worth trying???? How do they compare to other props??? Are they wood or cf??? Seems like a little expensive compared to other props???? I've only seen pictures of the prop on some of the hobby store ads. I would appreciate any input ya have.

Gary
Gary Anderson

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
Re: Graupner Props
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
Gary...are you referring to the "old" paddle blade Graupners or the new "G-Sonic" (APC like) design?

I have used 2 blade "old" ones with quite good results, so I'm interested in the "G-Sonic" line. I'm not a huge fan of 3 blade props, tho I did stumble onto several carbon ones that work well on my PA .51. The next prop to test on it, however is a CF 2 blade "Magic" from Randy.

One of the Dutch fliers recommended one of the "old" 3 bladers (10-7?) for the ST .46. I got one of the props, but haven't run the (T&L) engine yet, and might just sell it to help pay for another PA.  ;D Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Gary Anderson

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »
Gary...are you referring to the "old" paddle blade Graupners or the new "G-Sonic" (APC like) design?

I have used 2 blade "old" ones with quite good results, so I'm interested in the "G-Sonic" line. I'm not a huge fan of 3 blade props, tho I did stumble onto several carbon ones that work well on my PA .51. The next prop to test on it, however is a CF 2 blade "Magic" from Randy.

One of the Dutch fliers recommended one of the "old" 3 bladers (10-7?) for the ST .46. I got one of the props, but haven't run the (T&L) engine yet, and might just sell it to help pay for another PA.  ;D Steve
Hi Steve,
Not sure what I have, it says super extra on one of the blades and its a 10/7 three blade prop??
Gary Anderson

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »
If it looks vaguely like a Kaysun 6-3, that's the Old Graupner (OG). If it strongly resembles an APC on crack, it's the new "G-Sonic" Graupner. None are cheap, but they're good stuff for a plastic prop, IF they have a size that you can use. The old Graupner, 9-4 is a good prop for .25LA's and probably a .20FP. I only have one, and got it used at a club Swap Meet. My Ex-Dirt (GMA cylinder timing) ST G.51 liked an 11-6 OG, or an APC 12-5 trimmed to 11.5", with the tips restored to near stock shape, which was a LOT more work. Don McClave told me that when he used a ST .60, he used an OG 12-6 on it. That said, there are some Thunder Tiger Cyclone props that are also excellent and about 25% the price.  http://cdn5.hobby-lobby.com/images_products/386_small.jpg

Just looked at the Hobby-Lobby website and didn't find the G-Sonic Graupners, or 3 bladers of either type. Most are too high pitched to suit piped or "wet 2" type engines. APC and also the 11 x 4.5 TT Cyclones are da bomb there.  HIHI%% Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Gary Anderson

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 07:48:26 PM »
Hi Steve,
I purchased the prop on e-bay for $4.00 + $2.00 shipping. I was just curious, like they say a fool and his dough soon parts???? I'll play with it cause I'm a playboy???? (Not with Girls, just toys.) What isn't screwed up, I'll make sure it'll never work again??? I appreciate your input, look forward to seeing ya at our field again. Remember Max's got his crap, thank God and Greyhound.
Gary
Gary Anderson

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here