News:

• May 07, 2024, 12:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Fox NVA  (Read 726 times)

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
New Fox NVA
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »
I just spotted this on the Fox website.
Has anyone tried this new needle valve assembly?

Bob Z.

Offline Larry Fulwider

• Commander
Re: New Fox NVA
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »
That's like putting 5 foot diameter chrome hub caps on a Big Green Tractor.  LL~

Larry Fulwider

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Nve---Fox
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »
 Yep!!!  Got four of them!!!  Don't like none of them. In an upright mounted system (or inverted) You cannot get to the front left hand mount bolt without loosening thr NVA,  you cannot reverse the direction of the NVA through the venturi as the spraybar has only one hole --- pointed straight down when the NVA is with the needle on the left hand side--- it will pointed straight up if you reverse the NVA.   The adjustment knob is too big and does not extend out far enough to clear  the sides of the fuselage.
  I do like the adjustment feature though.

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Online Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »
I've got two of 'em.  Haven't tried them yet.  As mentioned by Marvin, you need to get the fuel line on the other side, but I can deal with that if it gives a good run.

What about Foxberg Racing at The Brodak?  Would this device pass as a stock Fox NVA? I don't see why not, the throat area is still the same.

I never did like the Fox NVA.  I always replaced it with ST or OS. If this works, it will be a cost saving vs junking the factory NVA and buying one that works. 
Paul Smith

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »
Considering that their new 'stunt 40' is basically the same engine as before with a timing change and new NVA, I hardly think that it should command the selling price that they have on it.
Dennis

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here