News:

• May 10, 2024, 01:59:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New? Enya 35 Classic  (Read 18678 times)

Online Lauri Malila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: New? Enya 35 Classic
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2016, 06:01:58 AM »
I say homeopathy. :)

But, these are stunt engines and not high performance engines. More often I have found myself fighting against overcooling, not overheating. So propably it is just fine as it is but certainly I would be interested in trying what better cooling would do.
Besides, it is allways easier to increase temperature if need comes. And you save some grams, too!

L
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:22:46 AM by Lauri Malila »

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »
I like your sense of humour Laurie but all joking aside I reckon that the budget was spent on anodising rather than a milling operation simply as a point of difference in marketing.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »
The milling could have been done as a standard part of making the head, BEFORE the anodizing, would require very little extra

Randy

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2016, 07:14:50 PM »
Would look great with fins!

Doesn't look all that bad in the ARGO II, but the model is cut for the OS LA 46.

Now would be the time to make the change.

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2016, 02:55:56 PM »
For anyone interested, the Enya Classic .35 Red Head is back on ebay. 149.95

10 available for those that may want one.

Different case though, has the square venturi case.

Wonder why more of the other .35 Classic wasn't produced, like the first offering?

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »
The 35 Classic Type A has a 35 III crankcase with a 29 V front housing, bearings and crank. It has the white plastic venturi insert.
The 35 Classic Type B has a 35 III crankcase, front housing, bearings and crank. It has a neat looking aluminum venturi insert.
The round venturi Model 5224 B engines were never produced as ball bearing engines. When the Model 5225 engines came along they were produced in both the ball bearing and bronze bushing plain bearing configuration.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2017, 08:28:03 PM »
Just an update on this thread, Bob (shtterman on ebay) has 2 of the Type B engines for sale but what I found interesting is that the square aluminum venturiis are available as spare parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENYA-29-35-MODEL-5224-35-CLASSIC-C-L-VENTURI-SQUARE-ALUM-/291983851350
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2017, 08:59:09 AM »
Just an update on this thread, Bob (shtterman on ebay) has 2 of the Type B engines for sale but what I found interesting is that the square aluminum venturiis are available as spare parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENYA-29-35-MODEL-5224-35-CLASSIC-C-L-VENTURI-SQUARE-ALUM-/291983851350

Bill,

That engine has been listed and relisted a few times. Seems there's little interest in it?

Charles

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2017, 09:07:43 AM »
Bill,

That engine has been listed and relisted a few times. Seems there's little interest in it?

Charles

Or it could be a good selling regular item, since he has "more than 10 available"  :)
MAAC 8177

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2017, 09:28:26 AM »
Or it could be a good selling regular item, since he has "more than 10 available"  :)

Could be, but I don't remember seeing 10 available of this particular engine?

I see 3 available currently, so you may be correct about sales.

The engine didn't sell in December, however many he has?

I purchased the one with the round case venture. I hope it's a good engine?

Charles

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2017, 09:39:35 AM »
The link you quoted was not to the engine, but rather to a venturi insert, that is what I followed and commented on  :)

I suspect all of his engines sit for a while, just the nature of selling to a smaller market.

MAAC 8177

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »
..yes, to absorb heat, but how about transferring it into airstream? I'd just chuck it in lathe and cut some cooling fins, a little like that:

Re-reading a little bit of engineering, anodizing ups the emissivity of shiny, raw aluminum from.06 or so up to .8 or so.  Just letting the shiny finish naturally oxidize ups the emissivity(radiation emission) up to .6 or so.  So a heavy anodized coating can make a substantial increase in heat dissipation.

I think I'll anodize a head on an F2D engine and see what happens.
phil Cartier

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2017, 07:10:48 AM »
I'd love to try one of the new engines but they're a little pricey for me. I'm buying a couple of the new venturiis for my older engines. They originally came with 3 different size venturiis, 7, 7.5 and 8mm. 2 of mine, bought used, have the 8mm while the new venturiis are 7.5mm according to Bob.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:14:56 PM by Bill Johnson »
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here