News:

• May 08, 2024, 06:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help with TT 36 set-up  (Read 741 times)

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Need help with TT 36 set-up
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:45:28 PM »
OK Guys,

I just traded for this NIB TT 36 with SSW venturi/NVA & tongue muff.  What's the right stuff to get the best results short of sending it to Randy (not opposed to that idea, just would like to try it sorta stock, first).

The SSW venturi ID is very small--a 5/32 drill will "just" fit.  There is one thin head shim (.005 or .010---haven't measured it yet) which I could install.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Need help with TT 36 set-up
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:43:28 AM »
If it were me, I wouldn't even bother.  I would send that sucker off to "Training School" (Randy) and it would come back a highly trained "Aero Tiger".  ;D

Nothing in its class could match it! y1
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline wmiii

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 07:22:31 AM »
 I gotta go with Bill, just send it to Randy.

Walter  H^^
walter menges

Offline Leonard Rennick

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 10:07:37 AM »
I think you will be very happy with the TT without sending it to Randy. What Mike Pratt and I have found to work very well on a P-Force is: .025 worth of head shims, Leonard's venturi with ST needle assembly, 11x4 APC prop, tongue muffler, and a Plastic RC tank set up for uniflow, no pressure. Fuel is about 11% to 12% nitro with total oil content 23%. I mix Bryon or Power Master 10% and 15% nitro together then add enough castor to bring it up to 23%. This gives a nice 4-2-4 run going into a fast two cycle with 2 laps to go.

Leonard
Leonard Rennick AMA 865846

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 07:44:04 AM »
Hi Leonard,

Mikey knows how to get an engine to run, no doubt.  I love being around the guy!  So, I know he can get a good, decent, run out of the TT 36 with out changing the guts.

But, have you ever run an Aero Tiger 36??  It is night and day different.  Randy outs ina sleeve/piston set that Henry makes, and odes all the stuff it takes to make it a true Stunt engine.  I would just always go with a world class run out of the box which is the AT 36 set up like Randy says.

Believe me, a TT 36 ain't even close, regardless of what you do.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Leonard Rennick

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:06:18 AM »
Hi Bill,

I agree with you on the Aero Tiger, as Jim Hoffman has one in his P-Force and it is great. But let me put it this way, I have several new TT's that I've picked up off ebay for less than $60 ea, and for the money they are hard to beat. Mike, and Jim will both agree to that. For me, I would try the few mods before I spend additional money. As it may work just for Jim. If it doesn't, he could still send it to Randy.

Leonard
Leonard Rennick AMA 865846

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here