News:

• May 08, 2024, 12:41:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need B40 case  (Read 694 times)

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Need B40 case
« on: September 13, 2007, 04:35:34 PM »
Due to crash damage to muffler mounting hole, I need new case for B40. Tried to order from  B mfg and also Virginia Hobby- both out of stock. Any help locating new or used case would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Lyle
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Online Bill Hummel

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Need B40 case
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
See what happens when you try to do a 3 foot loop?  Better flights are ahead...!
ama 72090

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »
I guess I still haven't totally unlearned my combat flying style. My trusty VooDoo with Johnson CS would make that turn every time- as would the Quicker and the Sneeker. Just for grins & giggles it would be a hoot to build a new combat wing and re- live that golden era!!
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »
Just buy another motor, then you will have a spare piston/cylinder/rod/crank/backplate/propdriver/screws.
phil Cartier

steven yampolsky

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:59:41 PM »
Any chance you can JB Weld a piece of threaded rod and use a nut on the side of the muffler?

Lyle, you and I are now members of the very exclusive club of "B-case breakers"! We should get leather club jackets or something!

Online Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 11:37:47 PM »
I'm afraid I need to join the Brodak Breakers club too. Kersplat on pavement and the muffler and half of the rear muffler lug went sailing. I tried JB welding the broken muffler itself and also the lug area on the engine. Lasted about three seconds after I started the engine. I did clean the broken aluminum surface what seemed like really well. I could try JB Welding a stud on the threads where the lug sheared away, but not confident it would adhere any better. Anyone have success with JB Weld on aluminum?

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 08:57:49 AM »
I'm afraid I need to join the Brodak Breakers club too. Kersplat on pavement and the muffler and half of the rear muffler lug went sailing. I tried JB welding the broken muffler itself and also the lug area on the engine. Lasted about three seconds after I started the engine. I did clean the broken aluminum surface what seemed like really well. I could try JB Welding a stud on the threads where the lug sheared away, but not confident it would adhere any better. Anyone have success with JB Weld on aluminum?

Ed Ruane reported on using some aluminum "brazing" rods meant for hobbists, IIRC.  It reportedly works great.  Let's "page" Eddie!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here