News:

• April 27, 2024, 07:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Magnum Pro Series Engines  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Magnum Pro Series Engines
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:02:47 AM »
Can anyone tell me about the Magnum Pro Series engines. Good for stunt? How about power? Are they an old series?
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Manuel Cortes

• Commander
Re: Magnum Pro Series Engines
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 01:00:40 PM »
Hello all.

As far as I know, they are all copy of OS FSR "mates".
I had success retiming a Magnum PRO 45 some years ago, and was a good Power Train.

Regards from Spain.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 09:47:54 PM »
I've seen very few of these older Magnums, but they were said to have been imported from Taiwan, apparently by Hobby Shack. When they went to China for their engines, they took the Magnum name with them, and the maker in Taiwan revised their lineup and called them Thunder Tiger. Possibly about the time Hobby Shack became Hobby People.

FWIW, I think both are most useful with the boost port plugged, unless a pipe is used, but then I've never owned a Thunder Tiger. To tell the truth, I've got two issues with them. They use the ST-style drawbolt to clamp the throttle into place, and I don't like to make venturis for them. I also object to their advertising their engines as "ABC", when they are "ABN". Aren't there laws against false advertising?

Coincidentally, I do have a TT Pro .46 in the shop right now, but it belongs to a friend, and needs some fixin', not tunin'. It swallowed a piece of stainless "safety wire", it seems. My guess is that it may have in fact been "safety wire", but was used as "bailing wire". Possibly to hold the carby into the crankcase. Not a good idea, apparently.  8) Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Ron Varnas

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:34:34 AM »
Leester,

Stick to finding a Magnum 36 XL (Square head) version, a few of the guys
on this site recomend them, I'm still trying to look for one on the bay.....
no luck lately :'(........just a couple of the early (round head) versions, though
some say this motors ok as well.
RJV Melb. Australia

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 01:47:59 AM »
Ron: Randy Smith carry's the 36XL's and makes the venturi's to convert with a PA NVA. There in the 80.00 range + the venturi and NVA.
Leester
ama 830538

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here