News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Magnum / FSR 40  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Magnum / FSR 40
« on: July 10, 2016, 02:11:30 AM »
Got this from one of the club flyers Saturday . Copy of the OS FSR 40

wondering what the pundits have to say on these .

Told its been run twice. Reciept is from 92 .

Warnety card says Castor ONLY or its void if run on synthetic . Figuring this is due to the oils then , and 20% 50/50 ( coolpower ) should be fine for settling it in ,

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Magnum / FSR 40
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 02:21:11 AM »
For the Mew Gull for now , alternat to the FSR-S . Being ringed I figure the Tounge Muffler will cook the ring eventually ( SUMMER ! )

6 flights and still leaning off . Likly my 3.5 mm Uniflow neoprene line tank to vent , any pinch on the 1/8 ( 3.2 ) pipes is likely not .
as soon as theres any heat in the engine bay ( i.e. when the motors running .)

Need to tap the CSC copy muffler for pressure , too. Suction & the OS dont seem to do it , Always ' dried off ' in the Hurricane -
Replaced it with a G-51 . When I went to do the Tank for that I saw Id done the feed on the OS tank with the Thick Wall 1/8 Copper Pipe .
About 1.8 m.m. Bore . Definately DUH . wot. there . Cowl 'n all modded for the L H Exhaust by then , so the ST stayed .

Running a 12 x 5 there , tho I thinned a 11 in 12 x5 the other day , on a whim. Seems I should try that and a 12 x 4 .
Meaning to decompress or check if my ' extra ' gaskets in the OS, im sure it isnt .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 02:26:30 AM »
o.k.

ABC , looks like maybe its got less blowdown than the OS , and crank timing seems maybe narrower than even the ' S ' ( stunt ) OS crank .

Will reverse the maincase for the Outboard Exhaust . Id better check the Rod big end chamfer this time , For the crankpin root radius clearance .

Need to cross drill the intake housing . Hoping the Dia. Matches the OS venturies . Will do a head gasket to lower the comp ratio a tad ,
and hope this is the new ' wonder motor '; for now .

Down in the Big Smoke for now , be a few days before we're chained to the bench , again .   H^^

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 12:26:12 PM »
I did about 300 of these, they are not ABC  they are  lapped  ABN, made by Thunder Tiger  for Global Hobbies, before the Magnum plant was built in China
They run well when setup properly , I B&B   , retimed, and did head mods and made a true venturie  and CL  NVA.
The 45s  and 46s ( same motor)  were by far the best, the 40s  are powerful and if you run it with no mods you will need  to run a hi rpm  wet 2 cycle
1/2 synthetic  22%  oil 10 nitro works well, The 45  46s  were as strong, or stronger than a ST 60 , and would run a  perfect 4/2  , just a higher RPM 4/2  that people were used to
I still have a few motors  and  parts for these

randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here