News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:32:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Magnum 53 worn Piston & Sleeve  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Tom Dugan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Magnum 53 worn Piston & Sleeve
« on: August 14, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »
Myself and Randy P. are looking for piston and sleeve sets for Magnum 53 XL.  If anyone has a source for these, please let us know.  We have both checked the normal sources with no luck.

As a backup, I am considering rechroming the sleeve, or hardening/expanding the piston.  Anyone with experience in this area please advise.

Thomas

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
Re: Magnum 53 worn Piston & Sleeve
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:23:03 PM »
my os 65 had a worn out piston and they are not made any more the vrdf model and billy hughes is the importer for c/s motors had some made up. good enough to win d speed at the nats the last 4 years. he is a member of this fourm and the c/s sport c/l engines work very nice i have a .061,.15,.25 and a .53
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
Myself and Randy P. are looking for piston and sleeve sets for Magnum 53 XL.  If anyone has a source for these, please let us know.  We have both checked the normal sources with no luck.

As a backup, I am considering rechroming the sleeve, or hardening/expanding the piston.  Anyone with experience in this area please advise.

Thomas

Hi Thomas

I looked at the  dealer  site  but they only show  a  52  ABC piston sleeve, They don't list the  53  any longer or show any for sale,

Randy

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 03:39:09 PM »
Yep. My only hope for the engine is if Just Engines has an ASP 53 sleeve hanging around somewhere, but I didn't think now was the time to ask.

I suspect that it's a no deal thing unless something shows up on E*ay. In the mean time, I may look at the new Magnum XLS 52A or just bag it for an ST 51 and call it good.

To bad, too. I liked the 53.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 11:06:25 PM »
One other option is to have the sleeve chromed by Bob Oge. Very reasonable prices, especially since it may be the only way to return your engine to service.
(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline Tom Dugan

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 08:39:46 PM »
Thanks for the post about Bob Oge.  I have tried to look his contact info up on this forum and in Pampa but no luck.  Does anyone know how to contact him?

Thomas

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 08:58:54 PM »
http://www.clspeed.com/parts.htm  and then the second listing on the right side.

(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »
Bob Oge <f2clineflyer(at)yahoo(dot)com> but no guarantee on if it works...the email addy, that is. Oge has a good rep for quality work.

Another name to look for is Don Blackburn, of Texas. I think he does sparkers, mostly. 

"Frank Bowman" <frankbowman(at)mylifeline(dot)net> probably doesn't do chrome, but may know how to contact whoever does.  :! Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »
Bob Oge <f2clineflyer(at)yahoo(dot)com> but no guarantee on if it works...the email addy, that is. Oge has a good rep for quality work.

Another name to look for is Don Blackburn, of Texas. I think he does sparkers, mostly. 

"Frank Bowman" <frankbowman(at)mylifeline(dot)net> probably doesn't do chrome, but may know how to contact whoever does.  :! Steve

Last time I talked to Don Blackburn, I believe he was moving, and I do not have a current contact on him.  He does excellent work.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here