News:

• April 30, 2024, 10:23:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for Tank for ARF Streak  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Looking for Tank for ARF Streak
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:24:26 PM »
Can some suggest a 3 oz clunk tank that might fit behind the engine on a ARF Flite Streak. We have one now on the inboard side and it is hard to keep running before launch.

Thanks
Paul
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Looking for Tank for ARF Streak
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:17:38 PM »
Can some suggest a 3 oz clunk tank that might fit behind the engine on a ARF Flite Streak. We have one now on the inboard side and it is hard to keep running before launch.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,
Dan Rutherford (dirty dan) has done a lot of work with inboard tanks of the ARF Flite Streak.  If he doesn't see this, PM him!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline dirty dan

• Commander
Re: Looking for Tank for ARF Streak
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 02:28:49 PM »

Thanks
Paul

I think I've seen this movie at least once already, but my suggestion for a tank which works every time, and can be used completely stock, is the Hayes 3-ounce Arcey clunker tank.

If you prefer having it mounted behind the engine, this piece may have to be moved forward. Or the leading edge of the wing can be relieved for clearance.

The best option is mounting the Hayes tank on the left of the fuselage.

I have no idea as to what current problems might be. The only functional difference between mounting the tank left or right of the fuselage is that you will have to raise the revs at launch, probably by 800 to  1,000 rpm.

More information here: http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=121.0

Dan
Dan Rutherford

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here